Sign in to follow this  
Ron Attwood

Saturday flooding debacle

Firstly my apologies to Bryan, Leon and anyone else that had connection problems last night. I've spent the best part of today (I couldn't even get to church) running down the problem. Starting with various other aircraft known to be 'good' including the default C172, I tried to connect to my FSopenised server. Booted unceremoniously on every occasion. Hurumph! Rebooted the router-nah. Long story short...

ESTONIA MIGRATION TOOL! :t0115:

Uninstalled it and all is now as it should be. Fired off a support email to Estonia and a covering one to SimMarket.

In between the first line and the last line of this post there was much copying, pasting deleting, renaming of panel configs, gauges, .dlls and hurling abuse at an undeserving wife. (I'll see her alright tonight though. :spiteful: )

EDIT: Cracking flight though. :BigGrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi Ron, while I don't confess to know much about flooding packets of data, I do know we appreciate the efforts you make toward successful weekend flights. Who would have guessed that was the issue. I also have the tool, should I remove it as well and only reinstall as needed?

Definitely frustrating for sure, but I'm glad you were able to get to the bottom of it. And I'm glad I was able to hang around for the banter afterward and diagnosing the issue.

I thought for sure that I was the issue, old computer and all. So I feel much better now and it certainly was a laugh at the time. Sorry you had to spend so much time sorting through the issue.

I'm getting the eye from my wife about the hints I slip out about "old computer", "slow to launch FSX" "having to reduce my sliders and therefore FSX experience".....etc. Apparently I will have to spring for new kitchen counters before she will acknowledge the old computer issue.

I'm going over the flight post to put up a couple of screenies of what I saw on occasion.

cheers

Bryan

Edited by 1st fltsimguy

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Who would have guessed that was the issue. I also have the tool, should I remove it as well and only reinstall as needed?

Not me that's for sure. It was an act of desperation. I'm going to reinstall it as I need it, I think.

Ron, that is strange the Estonia Migration Tool did that. From what I recall it only provides a "fake" location to install FSX natives  to P3D by doing registry hacks and creating FSX native folders directing them to P3D via symbolic links. Monitoring and firing FS controls is beyond me why they would do it. In any case it happened. Below is a way to check for constant firing by aircraft in FS if unknown.. Takes all of 1 minute.

EDIT - This is only to check one's OWN aircraft. It cannot be used on the server side to check flooding transmissions.

1. Open up FSUIPC.

1.jpg?dl=0

2. Go to the logging tab and select - "Events (non-axis controls)" & optionally if one is not flying, leaving the airplane parked without touching  yokes/throttles/pedals - "Axis Controls". Check "Send to console window". A DOS box will open.

2.jpg?dl=0

3. If the DOS window is scrolling uncontrollably then the aircraft is flooding.

3.jpg?dl=0

4. To stop monitoring, return to the logging tab and click the stop button. The other check boxes will clear & the DOS window will close. Close FSUIPC dialog.

4.jpg?dl=0

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Thanks Roman. Next time I install it I'll give this a try. (Bookmarked for future reference)

Now maybe I was being hasty in my assumptions about the culprit, but...It was one heckuva coincidence! :unknw:

I've just tried out the FSUIPC logging with the Aerosoft Katana. Bloody hell! It was manic.  :shok:  No wonder it's down as a flooder! I'm not sure I want to try it with the EMT.

But I will. :Nail Biting:

...And I did. With no untoward repercussions. So I don't know.  :unknw:   Looks like I'll have to drop Estonia an apology.

I find if I leave the migration tool on by mistake and turn on a flight sim  that it screws things up.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

I find if I leave the migration tool on by mistake and turn on a flight sim  that it screws things up.

That could well be it Josh.