Sign in to follow this  
Norwegian

Aircraft repaint services

Hello guys,

I thought that i would offer my repaint services, for free of course, to help out those who need it.

But please, no regular KLM or any other regular repaint that you can find hundreds of around the web.

Paint kit's im very familiar with and can create paints for:

- PMDG 737NGX
- PMDG 777

Paint kit's i'm familiar with:

- QW 757
- QW Avro RJ

- Most POSKY aircraft

Let me know what you would like below. If there is a lot of request's i'm gonna have to choose which ones to do.

I'm having problems placing a painted name of an airline on the side of the aircraft. The right side was simply putting it there.  The left side I've tried, flipping both vertical and horizontal, mirroring but absolutely nothing is showing up on left side , it's blank.  Can you help me understand where I'm going wrong.

I'm having problems placing a painted name of an airline on the side of the aircraft. The right side was simply putting it there.  The left side I've tried, flipping both vertical and horizontal, mirroring but absolutely nothing is showing up on left side , it's blank.  Can you help me understand where I'm going wrong.

Have tried to look at some videos? Try this one: 

My%20Signature.jpg

Hi,

me too I posted a request on the paint request forum, the fact is what I'm looking for is a CLS DC-10.

I see you didn't mention it but there is the paint kit available and I think shouldn't be too much different from the others.

I would gladly pay you for this painting and we could agree on PM.

Please see the livery at this link or search for LAM DC-10 on airliners.net

http://www.airliners.net/photo/LAM---Linhas/McDonnell-Douglas-DC-10-30/1165976/&sid=937e803bb1ff84c2e7f4db04d84bafdb

Thanks!

Well watching that video got me no closer to an answer than I was.  I don't want to learn to paint an aircraft just add some lettering.  The example given shows the complete a/c.  I have two halves facing opposite of each other.  To get the left side showing, and showing proper do I have to mirror, rotate, flip or what?

@ jfmitch ,

Without telling anyone WHAT you are trying to paint , how can anyone help you ?

Not all paint kits are laid out in the same fashion , even if the aircraft is the same . The resident mind reader has been " retired " for some time due to " medical " reasons .

John

Hi,

I have already posted this request in the "Paint Request Forum", but I'll place it here anyway.

I was wondering if you were able to make a livery for the PMDG 737-800 in the Toll Priority Colors (ZK-TLJ). In real life it is a 737-400F (Similar Length to a 737-800) however I would prefer to fly a PMDG aircraft as they are much more stable. I have provided an image below for you to use as a reference.

Thanks,

Bailey :)

Hello, i will try to do this asap, IF i can figure out how to make a cargo version on the -800. Never done that before :)

Hi,

me too I posted a request on the paint request forum, the fact is what I'm looking for is a CLS DC-10.

I see you didn't mention it but there is the paint kit available and I think shouldn't be too much different from the others.

I would gladly pay you for this painting and we could agree on PM.

Please see the livery at this link or search for LAM DC-10 on airliners.net

http://www.airliners.net/photo/LAM---Linhas/McDonnell-Douglas-DC-10-30/1165976/&sid=937e803bb1ff84c2e7f4db04d84bafdb

Thanks!

Hello, as i am not familiar with any CLS paint kits, or own any of their products, unfortunately i do not think this is possible for me. Someone else around the forums can do it though?

Edited by Jim Young
Removed copyrighted photo

Hello, i will try to do this asap, IF i can figure out how to make a cargo version on the -800. Never done that before :)

Thanks, I've seen it done with the PMDG 737-700 (VH-XML) which is a 737-300F in real life. 

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=vh-xml+737-300&CatID=root&Sort=Name&ScanMode=0&Page=7 - This page, fourth down for reference, Not too sure as to how they did it but you might be able to figure it out :)

Thanks again,

Bailey :)

Hi Norwegian,

I would like to have a Thomas Ruth Airbus A330-200 repainted in Etihad's Manchester City Football Club Blue Moon Rising livery (aircraft A6-EYE). I've seen at least one repaint available for free, but it was for a payware Airbus. I tried to create another A330 by copying and pasting the texture files on to Thomas' A330, but that did not work.

Would I be correct in thinking that any textures created for one model of aircraft (Overland), would not work for another, different model (Thomas Ruth) of the same aircraft? They would not wrap around in the same places?

I would like to begin to learn about repainting, or at least learn if I can swap or convert different textures to work on different aircraft models.

Thank you.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Would I be correct in thinking that any textures created for one model of aircraft (Overland), would not work for another, different model (Thomas Ruth) of the same aircraft? They would not wrap around in the same places?

You are correct. The developer of thee 3D model determines the layout of the textures and it's not likely that 2 independent models would have the same texture layout. Even if they were similar, little details like doors, panel grooves, rivets and so on would probably not line up properly.

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

Thanks Barry!

OK, having learned that bit of information, please can I formally request a Blue Moon Rising repaint for Thomas' A330. There is a paint kit available. Could the actual bitmaps or dxt files for a different model be used as a starting point? Crop out the areas of the image you need and overlay them into the correct area within the paint kit? i.e Front left fuselage needs to go here, and be rotated 180 degrees etc.

Hopefully I'll make the time to watch/read some repainting tutorials this weekend.

Cheers!

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Could the actual bitmaps or dxt files for a different model be used as a starting point? Crop out the areas of the image you need and overlay them into the correct area within the paint kit?

Not likely, the DXT file is flattened with layers that line up with original model. Separating it all back out would be difficult, maybe doable if you're proficient enough with image editing. You could use the other repaint files for reference and to sample colors, but I wouldn't copy/paste.

If you had the original layered file from a different model's repaint, then taking just the repaint layers and pasting them into the Thomas Ruth paintkit and lining them up might work. You could try contacting the author of the other repaint and see if they are willing the share the original layered file with you. In that case you want to make sure to credit the original author when you publish.

• Upvote 1

Barry Friedman

Thanks again Barry  :cool:

Mark Robinson

Can someone paint the three new Glo Airlines Saab 340's? Glo is a brand new airline operating out of KMSY - New Orleans.

I don't think anyone has tackled them yet.

Thanks,

Reggie

Alabama-USA