Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

RealAir DUKEB60V2 & FLT1 GTN 750

The Turbine Duke is arguably the best GA aircraft available for FSX and I can recommend it without reservation - beautiful model both inside and out, great sounds, very realistic systems replication, accurate flight dynamics and, as Cargoguy says, an amazing performance. That said, the B60 is not far behind in terms of modelling, sound, systems and flight dynamics but, being a piston, as you would expect, it has not got the performance of the Turbine Duke. You would not regret purchasing either one however.

+1

We will be beginning work on GTN integration for the piston Duke B60 after we've released the Legacy V2 for FSX and P3d V3/3.1, which should be very soon.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAir Simulations

Really looking forward to the Legacy V2  :smile:

Bert

Thanks crew.  Resourceful as always.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

What is the difference (primarily the performance difference) between the Turbine Duke & the Duke B60?

Yes - at altitude the turbine is faster but ironically , lower the piston is faster. VMO is 198 kias on the turbine and VNE on the piston is around 240 - actually I forgot but you can go slightly faster in the piston near sea level.

But the climb rate - ya - the turbine is nuts -

Really looking forward to the Legacy V2 :smile:

:) :) :) :)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

We will be beginning work on GTN integration for the piston Duke B60 after we've released the Legacy V2 for FSX and P3d V3/3.1, which should be very soon.

Best Wishes,

Rob, let me preface this with the fact that I, and everyone else, absolutely love your work. Particularly with the Turbine Duke. But the P3D update to the Legacy has been in "soon" status for almost a year now. I realize that P3D has changed quite a bit in this time, but the "soon" term is really being stretched out here. I am sure many others who have made the move to P3D as their only sim are eagerly awaiting both the Legacy and the NA Duke to be released. Please communicate with your customers better on the status of the projects. The only change we have seen is from soon, to very soon. I am not trying to insult you or your products in any way, but my virtual hangar has these 2 open slots that desperately need to filled. I can not imagine what is taking this length of time. Please hurry up and take my money! :)

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

Rob, let me preface this with the fact that I, and everyone else, absolutely love your work. Particularly with the Turbine Duke. But the P3D update to the Legacy has been in "soon" status for almost a year now. I realize that P3D has changed quite a bit in this time, but the "soon" term is really being stretched out here. I am sure many others who have made the move to P3D as their only sim are eagerly awaiting both the Legacy and the NA Duke to be released. Please communicate with your customers better on the status of the projects. The only change we have seen is from soon, to very soon. I am not trying to insult you or your products in any way, but my virtual hangar has these 2 open slots that desperately need to filled. I can not imagine what is taking this length of time. Please hurry up and take my money! :)

We are doing a substantial update, for both FSX and P3d. Version 3.1 of P3d has in particular thrown up some very difficult problems for us. We would have released two weeks ago had it not been for a significant bug that involved a lot of forensic work. People demand more and more sophistication. Each layer of added sophistication means more potential bugs as neither sim was ever really designed to absorb such things. We could strip out the new innovations but then we're open to perceptions that we are falling behind.

I think you should understand that we don't hang around all day deliberately holding things back for the sake of it. We are not ready to release until we are reasonably sure that an updated product works well for the vast majority of customers. That is why we have always been reluctant to announce anything in the past, but for once we did announce "soon" because we were quite close until we discovered a number of bugs which were very hard to trace, and all of them were not related to bugs we created, but were inherent sim bugs that we have had to overcome. This is not a blame game however, because we think it is a bit of a miracle that P3d and FSX, based as they are on a decade old core coding, can even accommodate the kind of functions we want to release.

As I said above your post, we are on the final lap and very soon does mean that. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

That and having products available for all sims just adds to the length of bug squashing.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

We will be beginning work on GTN integration for the piston Duke B60 after we've released the Legacy V2 for FSX and P3d V3/3.1

Hi Rob, will this also work with P3D v2 or P3Dv3/3.1 only? Your website says also P3Dv2, and I would expect that but just to make sure.  The reason that I asked was that I am still using P3Dv2.5, I was on 3.1 but recently discovered that the "VAS management" technique employed by LM (and it just may be my perception) actually increase stutters and annoying slight pause of the sim as sceneries are unloaded.  Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Woohoo!

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Any news about this? :smile:

Got to admit, I'm curious about this myself.

-Bob

Bump because inquiring minds really do want to know. :smile:

Greg