Sign in to follow this  
Beardyman

Vector config tool

Some airports have elevation issues, so i'm trying to exclude those using Vector config tool.

The problem is that many airports existing in FSX are not listed by Vector config tool, so those cannot be fixed.

Any solution for missing airports in Vector config tool ?

Artur 

I am not 100% sure, but I think those who are not listed will not be affected by vector at all. Thats the reason why they are not listed.

Kind regards,

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Might be that in theory, in practice i have some airports on "lifted rocks" and cannot fix it.

Artur 

Might be that in theory, in practice i have some airports on "lifted rocks" and cannot fix it.

Why not go over to the Orbx forums and list your issue on the Vector support forum?

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

in theory and in practice if they aren't listed in the tool then vector isn't changing their elevation in the first place. there may be some remote possibility with the tool adjusting things that aren't listed but it would be very unusual and their support forums would certainly be a good place to suss that out.

most likely it's caused by custom mesh that is more accurate than the default FSX mesh, but where the default airport had their elevation adjusted to match the FSX mesh. if it's a popular airport you might be able to find an updated afcad that fixes the problem, otherwise you can try it yourself with ADE if you are feeling adventurous. you didn't mention what mesh or what airport is causing the trouble so it's difficult to provide a more detailed answer

cheers and good luck!

-andy crosby

AVSIM may be your "place", but you won't get any help here other than what specimen has already provided.  Is there some reason you can't register over at ORBX?  Otherwise, you may never get a satisfactory answer to your problem.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"