Sign in to follow this  
MSFS Ralf

FS9 restart

Hi pilots,

I've been an X Plane pilot for the last few years but I'm thinking about installing FS9 again. Here are some questions. What airliner A320 or B737 is nice to have, looking for payware that does not have too many bugs. How can I update my navdata? Looking for recent ILS and VOR frequencies. Any way to update fixes? Thank you.

iFly 737 is great for FS9.

The Project Airbus collection (latest versions) are very good and for avionics look at vasFMC.

NavData can be had at navigraph.com for a small fee to update to current cycle.

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Thanks a lot. The Ifly 737 looks good to me. All models included, wow, and so many repaints available. I don't have to care about outdated ILS frequencies because of the autotune feature. All I have to do is to purchase the 737. I own the current Navdata cycle. FSRGW is installed and that should me make good to go.

I've had to do the same after a hdd failure with my main pc with FSX on it a little while back. Old back up pc a little dated but installed my old fs9 on it and forgot how smooth it was with very little tweaking.

Lucky I got in quick with some sales of Carenado aircraft and the iFfy 747 which is superlative. Not sure whether to go the 737 or A320 route yet.

Is navigraph the best option or Aerosofts lido database (which I've used before for a cycle) ok? I wanted to become more familiar with RNP approaches. Wasn't sure which data base was more in depth in that regard.

Mark L.

As far as I know Navigraph or whatever you use does not update the default FS9 database. It updates the database of your add ons, like FMC data.

Yes, smoothness is what I'm looking for. My old i3 notebook runs X Plane but with minimal settings. A little bit more scenery would be nice. Too bad it's Monday and a busy week has started. I will report my progress here.

As far as I know Navigraph or whatever you use does not update the default FS9 database. It updates the database of your add ons, like FMC data.

Correct. An updated navdata will enable you to create flightplans using http://www.simbrief.com/home/?page=home for example and the aircraft will fly the route correctly even if the waypoint is not in FS9.

The only problem you will face is where an ILS or VOR approach either does not exist in FS9 or has a different frequency.  You can sort this by using a more modern payware or freeware airport scenery, or adding an ILS/editing the frequency using Airport Design Editor ADE. The ILS frequency in FS9 must match the frequency in the addon aircraft in order for it to work.

ps. make sure you patch your FS9 installation to 9.1

Peter Schluter

Installed FS9 today. It does not start. No message. It simply doesn't start. Have to try again layer this week with a new installation.

Installed FS9 today. It does not start. No message. It simply doesn't start. Have to try again layer this week with a new installation.

That will be due to Windows update KB3086255.

Do a search on here for many threads on the subject. You can uninstall the windows update, then you will be able to start and run FS9. However automatic windows update will install it again at the next oportunity. You will find alternative methods of completely dealing with it if you search out the threads.

Peter Schluter

How to get games running again

Fortunately, Microsoft has published a workaround for Windows Vista, 7, and 8, letting users temporarily or permanently re-enable their games:

The temporarily solution is to launch the Command Prompt (Click Start, click Run, type “cmd,” right-click Run as Administrator), then enter the following command:

sc start secdrv

After playing, close the security loophole by opening Command Prompt again and typing the following:

sc start secdrv

Alternatively, Microsoft has posted a system registry tweak if you want to permanently want to keep the DRM service running (albeit at a greater risk to security).

Of course there is the simpler option to avoid the problem, but we are not allowed to discuss it.

Peter Schluter

Yesterday I installed my plane. I purchased the Wilco A320 Evolution series. It was a hard decision between that one and the Ifly 737. I started with the Airbus because I flew one in X Plane and I'm used to it. First start of it in the SIM showed 100+ fps, everything maxed out. Today is key and buttons config day and if it all works, maybe the maiden flight tonight. FSRGW creates some nice clouds, no worry about how much of them and the impact on fps. Internal Airbus navdata updated to the newest cycle. Great so far.