Sign in to follow this  
johnwillimas

Just Flight Dove Released

Is there a simple way to make the .air file change?

I can try to explain what I did. You need a program to edit the air file. I used a freeware called AirEd. Google to find it. Then make a copy of the Dove air file as bakcup. Once AirEd is installed, open the dc-3 air file in it. Scroll down to table 473, select it and right click on it. On the menu select Copy to clipboard. . Open the Dove airfile in AirEd and right click and select Add from clipboard. Save the file and go try the Dove.

A useful fix has been identified to the trim problem on the Just Flight forum... table 437 is missing from the air file : copying one in - the author suggests the one from the default DC-3 - gives a more believable behaviour on the pitch axis.

Aahgh, sorry folks that should have been "Table 473".

be77solo - I used AAM from http://www.difusco.de/fsd/aam_ini.htm

I did not find a table 437, so I did some investigating. It seems to be a typo, it is table 473.

Adding this table from the dc-3 works fine. Copy from dc3, Add from clipboard in dove with AirEd.

Correct. it's a typo. Apologies.

Hello Everybody, I'm Alex Ford from Just Flight. Thanks very much for purchasing the Dove. I just wanted to drop a note here saying that we are working on a service pack to address the reported issues. Thanks very much for everybody's feedback.

I can try to explain what I did. You need a program to edit the air file. I used a freeware called AirEd. Google to find it. Then make a copy of the Dove air file as bakcup. Once AirEd is installed, open the dc-3 air file in it. Scroll down to table 473, select it and right click on it. On the menu select Copy to clipboard. . Open the Dove airfile in AirEd and right click and select Add from clipboard. Save the file and go try the Dove.

Thank you,it`s working fine for the moment.

Let`s hope that JF will adress this issue in the SP.

Mike

Thanks Verbli and John, I will give this a try this evening!

And Alex, thanks for stopping by and letting us know you guys are aware and fixes are in the works.  Curious minds have to ask, in the Mod version of the Dove with updated avionics, any chance to get a slot for the Flight1 GTN 750? :Party:

Take care all.

I posted the sound file problem at the Just Flight board and they have come back to me saying the ms_starter and xms_starter sound files are default Microsoft FS-X sounds and should be in the FSX/Sound folder. I don't have them there which I guess could be the result of years of modding and tweaking but I don't recall having done anything that might have removed these files. Has anyone else got them?

I don't have those files either

And it is also advertised as P3Dv3 compatible, which is the version  bought. (I know this is an FSX forum - I posted here because there was already a Dove topic underway.)  And these files are definitely not in the P3D Sound folder. I am now suspecting that the "ms" and "xms" in the file naming convention refer to Microsoft??

In any case this is certainly not satisfactory for either FSX or P3D purchasers. JF needs to provide the suitable missing .wav files.

But while we are exploring workarounds while we wait for JF to do this, I can offer another possibility: Some time ago I downloaded a freeware version of the DH Heron from

http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_lib/displayimage.php?album=51&pid=211#top_display_media

The Heron of course is a 4 engine version of the Dove. Both aircraft had Gypsy Queen engines, though both also had different versions of the Gypsy Queen. But I thought the starter/startup sounds should be more similar than the Goose or the DC3. If you decide to go this route you will see that there are sound files for the Heron with the notations "...starter_left..." and "...startup_left..." and similarly for "right" in the sound file. I renamed them to the missing four JF Dove file names and they work and while not great sound pretty good.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Hello Everybody, I'm Alex Ford from Just Flight. Thanks very much for purchasing the Dove. I just wanted to drop a note here saying that we are working on a service pack to address the reported issues. Thanks very much for everybody's feedback.

Hi Alex.

Any chance of getting Aeroplane Heaven to do something about the ugly Nav/communication switch boxes in the Dove. They are so low resolution and big, at least on the pilot side, it really destroys the look of an otherwise great cockpit. Maybe forget about realism here and make them half their real

size.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

For all who are interested in the missing sound files. I have a response from the JF Support Team, and they say that the four files are not missing, but are default FSX files which should be in the FSX Sound folder (not the sound folder for the aircraft itself). They say that if you do not find the files in your FSX Sound folder your installation is faulty. They say that "presumably" the same files should be in the P3D Sound folder. I no longer have an FSX installation on my PC to check but I have both P3Dv2.5 and P3Dv3 and the files are in neither.

Not sure what JF's final position on this is, but it appears that they do not believe it is their problem. So finding suitable replacement sound files may be our only solution.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

And it is also advertised as P3Dv3 compatible, which is the version  bought. (I know this is an FSX forum - I posted here because there was already a Dove topic underway.)  And these files are definitely not in the P3D Sound folder. I am now suspecting that the "ms" and "xms" in the file naming convention refer to Microsoft??

In any case this is certainly not satisfactory for either FSX or P3D purchasers. JF needs to provide the suitable missing .wav files.

But while we are exploring workarounds while we wait for JF to do this, I can offer another possibility: Some time ago I downloaded a freeware version of the DH Heron from

http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_lib/displayimage.php?album=51&pid=211#top_display_media

The Heron of course is a 4 engine version of the Dove. Both aircraft had Gypsy Queen engines, though both also had different versions of the Gypsy Queen. But I thought the starter/startup sounds should be more similar than the Goose or the DC3. If you decide to go this route you will see that there are sound files for the Heron with the notations "...starter_left..." and "...startup_left..." and similarly for "right" in the sound file. I renamed them to the missing four JF Dove file names and they work and while not great sound pretty good.

There is also a Dove set of sound files on www.britsim.com with some Dove specific starter files which I've used.

For all who are interested in the missing sound files. I have a response from the JF Support Team, and they say that the four files are not missing, but are default FSX files which should be in the FSX Sound folder (not the sound folder for the aircraft itself). They say that if you do not find the files in your FSX Sound folder your installation is faulty. They say that "presumably" the same files should be in the P3D Sound folder. I no longer have an FSX installation on my PC to check but I have both P3Dv2.5 and P3Dv3 and the files are in neither.

Not sure what JF's final position on this is, but it appears that they do not believe it is their problem. So finding suitable replacement sound files may be our only solution.

Apologies for the confusion but the engine starter sounds currently referenced in the sound.cfg are not included by default in either FSX or P3D, and this is the reason that the initial startup sounds cannot be heard. The service pack (due to be released very soon) will address this issue as it includes its own starter sounds. 

Thanks

Martyn - JF

Martyn - Just Flight

Service Pack has been released, looks like it addressed the problems in this thread.  Downloading it now.

There are now three FDE options, curious to see how they handle.

Thanks for the prompt update JF!

Just Flight has released their Service Pack. According to the announcement it addresses the FDE, startup sound and other issues. I have loaded it and did a quick flight and the stall problem seems to be fixed as well as the sound issues. Plus I looked in the Sound folder and saw that the missing .wav files are now there.

You can get it by signing on to your JF account and downloading the new version of the aircraft.

Does anyone know where the ADF readout is? The RBI does not work with the ADF.