Sign in to follow this  
ctngdes

Treat making addon as a career

Is it possible to sell addon scenery done by a one man's company? I know that google map, sketchup need license, is there any way that can allow me to pay zero dollar(excluding online shop charge) while selling my scenery?

Try looking at Blender and QGIS/gdal, or if you're a Sketchup fan, why not spring for a pro license? Are you trying to avoid one-time expense for tools, royalty fees on graphical assets, both?

I assume you're aware of GIMP although Photoshop is not terribly expensive

Check in with folks at fsdeveloper for commercial use info on MCX, Blender2FSX and any other tools there that you might want to use.

For GIS data, some governments provide a large amount of data for free (eg. USGS) including ortho imagery with public domain licensing, though for payware you might need to buy aerial imagery for adequate resolution. For scenery a site visit might be called for so there could be expenses involved for that.

For ADE, you would need a commercial license, but it doesn't look expensive

As Bjoern said: Do you have all the skills to make a payware scenery? There can be large amounts of time investment and possibly training costs involved in acquiring the needed skills.

Barry Friedman

Sure it can be done.  Many developers are just "one man shops" producing add-ons in their spare time.  As mentioned, if you look around enough you can find freeware tools to make your little masterpieces.  The hard part is mastering those tools!

I would suggest locking in the website FSDeveloper and read everything there related to what you want to do (Yes, that will take months of research).  It is a treasure of information posted by amateurs and professionals alike. 

My only only suggestion is:

1. Start small

2. Start simple

3. Start with open ears to constructive critism

Good luck!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

And if my memory serves me correctly "Clutch" worked on or created "9 Dragons Kai Tak" which was an absolute masterpiece in its day - so you can't get much better than that for advice...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7