Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Flight1 ATR

Hi all, 

I'm chasing a quality ATR systems-heavy simulation. It looks as though Flight 1's ATR is the best out there, but how systems-heavy is it? Does it reach PMDG standards (to the point that it could be used by real pilots for revision) or does it fall short of that mark? 

Also, has anyone had any success in using the F1 ATR in Prepar3d?

Thank you in advance. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The ATR was originally released for FS9 and then ported to FS9. I would not recommend trying to port it to P3D; if you do, it is not supported in any way. Systems are adequate but not developed to the depth of the latest PMDG models. The developer has long since gone on to other things and support is meager. It is, however, the only game in town for the ATR.

DJ

In its day, it was a great sim... it does fade a little in comparison with the likes of the Majestic Q400...

A

If you are looking for a good turboprop. 

Majestic DashQ400. No doubt.

Miguel Leandro

Look for the Climber (or maybe Cimber) Air ATR.  It was pretty close to the real thing for a free download.  It tends to simulate the 500 series if that is what your looking for.

I can't remember where I got it.

Thanks to all for your replies!! I've had a look at the Cimber Air ATR, and it sure is pretty impressive for a freeware add-on. Unfortunate that the sim community does not have much choice when it comes to ATRs. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg