Sign in to follow this  
flyblueskies

MCE does not recognize RealAir Duke Turbine V2 in P3DV3.1

RealAir installs the new Duke Turbine V2 outside of the main P3DV3 folders. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with this, but I get an error message when trying to run MCE with the Duke, that MCE cannot find any details concerning this aircraft and to contact the developer (or something to that effect).

I'm hoping the solution has already been found...

My environment:

Windows 10

P3DV3.1

MCE 2.6.5.6

RealAir Duke Turbine V2 (latest for P3DV3)

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Yes the solution is to "point" MCE cfg.paths.dat at the location of the Duke.

It should be in:-

C:\RealAir\Turbine Duke v2\P3dv3\Simconnect\airplanes\Real air duke turbine v2\aircraft.cfg

You will need notepad++ to open the c:\roaming\MCE\cfg.paths.dat file. Then add the Duke path at the bottom of the list and save it.

Things don't get any easier with progress do they!:-)

Regards

David.

Thanks David...

I've added the line, but MCE keeps deleting the last line every time it runs. So, I keep coming up the same error message and MCE stops running.

My RealAir Duke Turbine V2 is located on the E: drive, but otherwise has a similar path you show in your post.

I did not use Notepad++, but used Notepad. I wouldn't think that makes a difference, but I'll download Notepad++ and give that a try next...

EDIT: Nope...MCE keeps deleting the last line I add. Hopefully, FS++ will chime in as I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Thanks David...

I've added the line, but MCE keeps deleting the last line every time it runs. So, I keep coming up the same error message and MCE stops running.

My RealAir Duke Turbine V2 is located on the E: drive, but otherwise has a similar path you show in your post.

I did not use Notepad++, but used Notepad. I wouldn't think that makes a difference, but I'll download Notepad++ and give that a try next...

EDIT: Nope...MCE keeps deleting the last line I add. Hopefully, FS++ will chime in as I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Yes, MCE deletes and generates a new cfgPaths.dat on start-up because you could be using FSX, FSX-SE, P3D or even FS9.

If using a single sim (in your case P3D) you can prevent that happening by editing "mce.ini". Add this line to [OPTIONS] section

NoScan=1

After that, you can add the line referencing the path to the Duke to "cfgPaths.dat" (Notepad is enough), as David pointed out, and it will remain there.

Thanks Guy's!

I appreciate the help. I'll give this a try.

Thanks Guy's!

I appreciate the help. I'll give this a try.

Sorry Jeff, forgot about NoScan=1.

Let us know how you get on. I found the Turbine Duke works nicely with MCE, its one of my favourites. If you have the GTN 750, MCE will dial all those frequencies for you:-)

Regards

David.

Yep..that did the trick!

Thanks for your help David and Gerald!