Sign in to follow this  
Reggie025

Nav Radio Frequency Problem

Something's happened to my FSX program. All of a suddeen, my NAV radio frequencies end in an "odd" number instead of an "even". I can't tune in a VOR or ILS frequency.

EXAMPLES: 116.01 instead of 116.00        111.31 instead of 111.30       125.16 instead of 125.15

It's not a real problem if the radio has a standby frequency. The main frequency works correctly. If the aircraft only has one NAV radio with one frequency (military), I can't fly the ILS or tune the VOR.

Any help appreciated. I've posted this on several other forums, but no replies.

Thanks,

Reggie

Alabama-USA

Didn't you make this same post in 2014?  No resolution in 2 years?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/438268-navcomm-frequencies-ending-in-odd-numbers/

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Not from the first post. I just lived with it. But I changed computers and when I reinstalled FSX, it worked fine for a while. Now it's back to doing the same thing. I definitely don't want to reinstall again.

Could the problem have come from an addon?  I saw something in regards to TACPAC and the F-18 Superbug

causing what you are describing.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Got it resolved. It is a TacPack issue. You cannot start FSX with the VRS F/A-18E with TacPack. Your default flight has to have a default aircraft for the comm/nav to work correctly.

Then you can switch to another aircraft.

Thanks for the assist.

Reggie

270@22 from KNPA

"Didn't you make this same post in 2014?  No resolution in 2 years?"

Maybe MS coded FSX for the NAV bug to affect only Reggie025 systems and only every 2 years?

I know they coded it to affect my flights only at the very end right before landing. There's a room at MS where they watch my flights in real time to make it BSD right at that time.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I'm reviving this thread.  I recently purchased the Razbam metro and am having an identical issue.  I'm using it P3D v3 though, so there's no .FLT file I can find to edit.  My default flight is the Carenado A36 bonanza and both radios are turned on to valid freqs.  Basically I can only tune 118.01, 118.03, 118.05 and so on.  EDIT:  I found the xml file to edit but the frequencies in the Avionics.0 section are all valid.  Must be a bug with the Metro.  A google search revealed another user had the same issue for online flight.  I'm stumped.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |