Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

B727 Cockpit Lighting

Greetings!

I recently purchased the Captain Sim B727-100/200 packages during the sale. Last night for the first time I took one up for a flight. Everything seems to work well, except for most of the interior lighting. On the overhead panel, the only light switch that moves when I click on it, is the "FWD Panel Fluor Lights".  All the others, my mouse indicates I should be able to move them, but they seem to be locked in place. The way the manual reads it appears they should all be functional. I'm using them on a Windows 10 machine in FSX-SE.

Is this normal? If not, is there a fix for it?

Thanks,

Scott

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Should be interesting to follow this as I too bought it in the sale recently. Not fired it up as yet.

Warbirds,

Are you experiencing the same thing?

VC10man,

Would be interested in hearing what you find after you fire up the 727.

Scott

I am new to it this week myself but they are working in P3D V3.1, turn on battery at engineer's panel and select standby power on essential power rotary switch until you get the APU running.The gauge lights require one of those power sources to function as far as I can see.Left mouse click the rotary dial switches to turn on the panel lights.They are either full bright or off. I am sure someone with more experience with the 727 can elaborate if this is not entirely correct.

Thanks for the reply, but the problem is, the switches mentioned do not rotate no matter how I click on them, except for "FWD Panel Fluor Lights".

The light switch on the center pedestal rotates and works.

The 4 light switches at the FE's station rotate and work.

Scott

Thanks for the reply.

I'll have another go at it tonight after work.  I couldn't get the aforementioned switches to rotate for the life of me.

Cheers,

Scott

In P3D v2.5, just made a short circuit around the default airfield at Langley. All overhead rotary switches rotated and did what they were supposed to do. Hand flies beautifully. Liked the way the PNF called out flaps and Vrefs. No issues, first go, touch wood.

PNF calls out flaps and vrefs? Not on my version for some reason.

Yep, on climb-out out of Langley AFB, he set and called flaps 5when I had reached 3000ft, and on the return to Langley called the flaps+Vref as I selected them all the way to the Rwy. What amazed me was how well she responded to hand-flying. Not done a C&D set-up as yet. May do later if I can tear myself away from the 707-300Cs in FSX-SE.

Next time I go back to P3D will be when I can upgrade to v3, when the exchange rate is in my favour. Not at the mo, though.

PNF calls out flaps and vrefs? Not on my version for some reason.

CS included the V-one gauge in the last version (2.7, i think).

For the 737 and the L-1011, the v-one gauge has to be installed manually, just check the CS forum.

Matthias

Well, as a new customer, I must say I am less than impressed by Capt Sim support.....

I submitted a support ticket this morning about the switches. Rec'd a reply just now:

Your Ticket has been reviewed but cancelled because the same question has been previously answered:

Included in the email were a couple of links to the answer. The answer was that their products have not been tested in Windows 10 so they could not guarantee compatibility. I seriously doubt they even read what I wrote about my issue. Whoever read the ticket just saw Windows 10 as the OS and washed their hands of it.

Scott

Scott

So sorry to hear of your troubles with this aircraft and CS Support.

On the other hand, to give it a fair balance,(a)I've never found the CS Support to be problematical, and (b)am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and as I reported earlier, have not encountered any issues with any of the rotary switches, etc.

Don't quite know what else to suggest to alleviate your issues. Hopefully, soon, you will get it all resolved.

To be honest, other than this little issue with the cockpit lighting, I am very happy with the aircraft. It hand flies beautifully, as does their B707 and L1011.

Like I said, I'll have another go at it tonight and hopefully sort things out.

Cheers,

Scott

Sign in to follow this