Sign in to follow this  

I installed the C90 and it uploaded the default FMS data. I also downloaded a new Airac cycle but cannot get it to update in the C90. I see in the CarenadoNavigraph folder it still shows the 2013 cycle. In my PMDG folder it shows the updated Airac cycle. If I try to copy the PMDG updated cycle into the CarenadoNavigraph folder it does not seem to work. Can anyone advice what I may be doing wrong. Thanks. I'm running Steam FSX. My main Staem folder is on a HDD but I moved FSX to a SSD. Maybe this is causing confusion with the program? Thanks.

Hi, for what its worth I've never been able to get their FMS working in FSX:STEAM. This is the third aircraft I've had difficulty with ie. by difficulty I mean it don't work the other being the Hawker and the Citation. I've always applied Bert's fix with the GTN-750 and use that. This time I did actually put in a ticket to Carendao for assistance, but as soon as they found out I was using it in STEAM, they admitted they do have a problem with this and offered me a free aircraft instead. So I now fly around in the C90 GTX with a GTN-750 plus a Diamond 62 as well.

I did have a dual install for a couple of months, with the FSX boxed in the default c: drive and Steam in H: The FMS did work when FSX was loaded from C: but not when the Steam version was loaded from H:. I did make the tweak using regedit to set H: as the default location (I can't remember how exactly, it was a few months ago when I was busy configuring Steam). But Carenado do seem aware they have an issue as they didn't even attempt to resolve it and offered a free plane immediately.

Even when you use the registry repair tool some files still get put into incorrect folders. I am technically side loaded since I did not do a good job of cleaning up FSX when I uninstalled stuff, but I created Symlinks between the FSX and FSX - Steam files that need to be updated. While I got it to work I don't recommend it and the best way to clean things up is to uninstall everything, CClean your registry then install FSX:Steam clean.

It was nice of Carenado to offer a free plane, I know allot of other companies who spend allot less effort on customer relations.