Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Complete feature list for the 777?

Well if you cannot get your head round not having a full list of features for the aircraft. After two topics now and all the feed back you have had.

Well

You talk about cars.

This is a Rolls Royce, enough said......

Just one of hundreds of youtube vid's you could watch.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks Nyxx,,,good tutorial. A couple things I don't understand being an amature at navigation - why does he have to set the heading to match the flighplan line at each turn when it is already set in the computer? And fixes,,never will understand why if the flightplan is solid.

Guess I have been flying the Bus too long and trying to wrap my head around Boeing now.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

why does he have to set the heading to match the flighplan line at each turn when it is already set in the computer?

Say your route is bringing you due west (270). A controller then says "turn right heading 300." With the heading bug always "on your nose," all you need to do is turn the heading bug in the direction the controller states. If you left it wherever you last had it, it's then a mental game of "okay, where is it now - okay, where does it need to be - okay, which way do I need to turn it...?" That, and it's a good way, in general, too keep your head in the game.

And fixes, never will understand why if the flightplan is solid.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Are you wondering why the fixes page is used?

Also, David (Nyxx) posted the tutorial video. I have one or two more on my channel where it's just video of a flight where I'm just messing around with settings, which you may find interesting to see all that we've simulated. Do keep in mind, though, that it was very off the cuff, from back in the day when I was just a beta tester for PMDG.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle,,,a bit more clear now.

As for fixes, they are somthing I really must make an effort to understand and use. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Thanks Kyle,,,a bit more clear now.

Welcome.

As for fixes, they are somthing I really must make an effort to understand and use. 

Fixes, in general, are any point in a flight plan / route. Those all usually go on the ROUTE (RTE) pages. The fixes page is being used in the tutorial to highlight certain fixes as they are important to us. In this case, we drew giant circles around our ETOPS airports to define when we enter and exit the ETOPS environment, and show our equal time point (ETP), where we are equally between those two airports (it's basically a transition between when you'd turn around and go back to the one airport, or press ahead to the next).

You can also use the FIX page to do various other things. I will occasionally set the engine out, or departure procedure on the fixes page, depending on the situation. The JFK2 departure out of KJFK, as an example, is mostly hand flown, and the FIX pages can offer some good reference points for you to make the various turns. Departing 31L at JFK for the Canarsie Climb, I'd add in CRI on FIX page 1, radial 039/ on the first line to draw the line I'm not supposed to cross, and then 176/ on the second line for the radial outbound. I then enter JFK on page 2 with /4.5 on the first line for the "make the turn direct to CRI within 4.5DME of the JFK VOR" requirement.

It's just an extra tool to help you get the job done. If you're still learning the basics of complex aircraft, though, you can safely ignore it. The tutorial goes into detail for the use specific to the topic in the tutorial, though.

Kyle Rodgers

Buy it and join me in features heaven! Why did I wait so long? It's as good as the Flight Gear 707 and some....