Sign in to follow this  
myoung

P3D dll.xml startup freeze issue

I wasn't sure where to put this, as it relates to multiple products (PMDG FS2Crew ASNext). The problem I'm having, is when I manually added entries to get the NGX HUD and FS2Crew/RAASpro working. P3D now doesn't load after I did that, it has the splash screen and gets up to around 185,000kb in the process tab and then P3D quits with no error message. I removed what I did and double checked to make sure there were no missing lines, then I saved the dll.xml and restarted P3D, but I still have the same issue.

The initial installation of the PMDG 777 for P3Dv3.1 had a bad RAASPRO dll.  It caused a crash at startup but there was an error message.  I've never heard of anyone successfully adding entries to the dll.xml manually.  At least you were able to diagnose your issue and determine the problem was the dll.xml.  You should disable each entry in the dll.xml as discussed in the AVSIM CTD Guide.  For example, the line in red below would be changed from false to true.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>

You change all of the entries to True except for one, restart P3D and see if the freeze occurs again.  If not, change another entry from True to False and do this until the culprit is found. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'll try that, I had to add entries because for some reason they weren't being added automatically when I installed each product (each time selecting P3D as the folder if it didn't already do that).

I think I have it narrowed down to FSUIPC 4, with it set to TRUE and everything else FALSE, P3D loads, but with FSUPIC 4 set to FALSE and everything else set to FALSE, P3D doesn't load.

I'll try that, I had to add entries because for some reason they weren't being added automatically when I installed each product (each time selecting P3D as the folder if it didn't already do that).

When things do not get installed properly, it usually means something is preventing proper installation like the User Access Controls (UAC).  The User Access Controls are there in your operating system to prevent something evil being installed into your User Account.  When you install a product like P3D in the default folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepard3d) you could have problems.  Most people recommend installing FSX or P3D outside of the default folder like, D:\P3Dv3.1.  There could be other things in your User account (where P3D.cfg and dll.xml is located) like the generation of exe.xml.

I think I have it narrowed down to FSUIPC 4, with it set to TRUE and everything else FALSE, P3D loads, but with FSUPIC 4 set to FALSE and everything else set to FALSE, P3D doesn't load.

Make sure you have the latest FSUIPC 4 installed.  There was one released soon after P3Dv3.1 was released.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10