Sign in to follow this  
nhagag

FS2Crew PMDG 777

Hi

Sorry If I have missed.

I own both FSCrew for the PMDG 737NGX and 777

I updated to Windows 10 and FSX stopped working beyond repair.

FSX-Steam Work fine and I was able to install both aircrafts in FSX-Steam and they both work perfect.

Does the same apply for FS2Crew. Or do I have to purchase the Steam editions.

Thank you

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Hi Bill,

Just run the FS2Crew installer again (ensure you have the latest version), and select the FSX install option.

The installer should auto detect the location of your Steam FSX installer.

You don't need to repurchase FS2Crew.

Best,

Perfect.

Thanks Bryan

You are the best

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Hi;

What are the remedies for the following voice problems with FS2 Crew 777-300ERX if ;

1. No FO voice at activation of the PF Events.

2. No FO voice hear at walk around time - at the 40min

3. No FO voice at time returning from walk around the plane - at 29 min

4. No FA voice requesting permission for boarding

5. No FA voice when enter the cockpit after request for refreshments

6. No voice from Ramp/Gate Agent turning in the log at 24min

However FO does responds to preflight chklist when called for and beyond... 

Hi Bryan;

Just attempted this remedy posted in regards to the volumes settings and all it's in line with your instructions, however I ran into a different issue. I have just recently purchase a gaming CP and reloaded only FSX with all addons. So far all programs were successfully uploaded are working for the exception of FS2 Crew 777 panel for the PMDG 200ER & 300. I still have to verify the FS2Crew for the 747 and 737 that are working and I don't forecast any problems since the message said "download successful". 

I uploaded the FS2Crew for 777 program again with the back up disk and no go; I have download it straight from link available at FSPilotshop as well and shows its blocked by the Norton virus program on both attempts.

However the RAAS did uploaded successfully and no problems.

In view of that, I did ran a complete flight last night to verify that it was working to my expectations and it did 100% "all good". The gaming CP did make the difference with the frames and Indeed works awesome but now comes the frustration with FS2 Crew 777 to function like it should. Does this issue might be in relation with the firewall or its there another way to get it to work?   

What exactly is the issue?

Is it your Norton?  Ensure Norton Anti virus "excludes" the FS folder or it could starting quarantining critical files.

Some anti-virus programs are just way too aggressive.  I personally just use the stock Microsoft firewall/anti virus program that is comes with Win 10.  No problems.

Hi Bryan;

Yes, Norton identified the download of fs2crew as a treat. I then visited the troubleshooting section on the manual and instructed me to turn "Off" the firewall on my system and try to download again. It worked, it downloaded and installed the program with no problems and worked totally awesome. All voices commands during the PF Events, FO, and FA ran like a millions dollars. Only one trouble encountered, I was not able to land the aircraft on the runway and complete the flight. I set a flight from KMIA to KPHL and at time to land and with glide path captured the program froze and automatically went to shut down mode..Grrrrrr!.was furious...lol. Anyway I will attempt the flight again tonight and see what happens then and post some feedback.

Oh almost forgot 1 more. Prior to install fsx on my gaming CP, I was able to download or add something to the files on my other CP that enable me to zoom out the VC at the pmdg 777 but completely forgot what was the download or addon used. Would you happen to have that info available on hand to refresh my memory?.

I also searching around to enable me the same with fs2 Crew panel if possible. Trying to minimized it to fit the screen entirely... 

It's a program that allows you to move the eyepoint around the cockpit.

To Zoom though, I think you can use your mouse wheel... hold down the space bar and use the mouse wheel...

Still working on the matter, hopefully today. I have being able to get the program to operate completely and indeed its an awesome program. I have got another difficulty here;

- What exactly must be replied with to the fs2 crew at the moment when calling out "Landing Checklist" when the FO replies with "The Speed brake its not Armed"?. I have scrolled through the manual and command section for that particular spot and so far can find a remedy for it or what its required to reply with. I have tried "speed brake set to 3, Speed brake its Armed, and nothing takes place, therefore not able to proceed with the remaining steps causing difficulties to proceed to a smooth landing. Any advise?.

Also would you be able to clear for me where to get the MDA to apply it to the FMC for approach and landing, could you point me at the right spot or direction if able?. I'm currently using "Simbrief" for the flight plan load up and cannot see an "MDA" on the FP details.

What exactly must be replied with to the fs2 crew at the moment when calling out "Landing Checklist" when the FO replies with "The Speed brake its not Armed

Was the speedbrake not in the armed position?

Please do this:

Arm the speedbrake, then call for the Landing Checklist again.

Also would you be able to clear for me where to get the MDA to apply it to the FMC

You would find MDAs, etc, on the approach chart.

Just google the name of your airport and you can find them... ie., "KJFK Approach Charts".

Cheers,

Hello Bryan;

Try the suggestion for the "Armed Speed Brake" call issue with the FO respond last night and had an interruption which caused me to close the program and did not get to the Landing checklist moment.

I'm about to go up and try a short flight (KMIA to TJSJ) and see what happens. 1 Question; This was not a voice command that its replied back to the fs3 crew FO,..correct.

Also, I have googled up the MDA in this case on (TJSJ Approach Charts) and looked through the entire charts for runway 8 and 10 and still not able to spot that. Would you be able to upload a screen shot example of the chart where its listed. I have look the charts closely line by line, section by section and cannot spot it yet. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited;

Hold 1 Bryan, My apologies, I've just spotted this here on the TJSJ Approach Charts;

*RNAV (GPS) RWY 08 - *LNAV  MDA  - 560-1/2  551 (600-1/2)........500 or 600?

But not so for ILS or LOC RWY 8: 

It shows: S- LOC-8 -  ​560-1/2  551(600-1/2)

Unsure which one will be if flight plan indicates landing on Rwy 8 instead of Rwy 10​

​confused now????????????

Edited by fernandito1969