Sign in to follow this  
hychewright

My Traffic 6

Hello Graham, what is the freeware traffic optimizer?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmdftsy127jgux2/AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D+Radar.zip

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

What do you have your traffic settings on, 100% ?

Well Bobsk8 I got my traffic set at 0%....thanks to the wonderful people in this community I was able to install UT2 into P3Dv3.1 hehe

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Thanks for the info guys. I did not download/install the P3D SDK because I did not see anything in the instructions saying to do so.

Lamar,

MyTraffic 6 does function in P3D 3.1. Perhaps the Simmarket info is out of date. The program does not require installation inside the main simulator folder. In fact, it is recommended it be installed elsewhere.

After installation, there are some manual steps required. I should point out that MyTraffic can do these steps using the communicator, but the user interfsce is a bit cryptic. Therefore, I prefer to do it manually. There's not much to it.

-if you haven't already done so, go to the Prepar3D website and download and install the latest SDK.

-open the SDK folder and search for TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe. Copy (do not move) the file to your MyTraffic folder.

-open the ...\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 folder. Open SimObjects.cfg. Make a note of the last entry number. Create a new entry (eg if the last entry is 10, make the new entry 11). It should look something like this:

[Entry.11]
Path=\MyTraffic\Aircraft

-add an entry to the scenery library. The entry entry should be above the default world scenery; and below any default cities and/or 3rd party scenery.

-disable the default Prepar3D AI aircraft. Go to your main Prepar3D folder drill down to Scenery\World\Scenery. Search for trafficAircraft.bgl. Change it to trafficAircraft.bgl.off, or something similar.

You should be good to go.

Now I have already followed the instructions for MT6 setup - should I just delete the install and restart following your instructions? I there anything I need to do with the SDK once I install it (other than what you mention above?)

Lamar,

The SDK has other uses that you can explore. It doesn't do anything for or to your sim on its own.

If you want to start again, delete the Installation folder. Go to ...\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and check Simobject.cfg. Delete the MyTraffic entry if it exists. If it is not the last entry, make sure the remaining entries are sequential. Remove the MyTraffic entry in Scenery.cfg if it exists.

You can then reinstall.

I don't have fps problems as such but I get hiccups when some ai models are loaded into memory (observed in Resource Monitor). Irritating enough for me to switch off ai altogether, don't know if it's an issue specific to MT6 or whether it's also present in other ai addons...

Lamar,

The SDK has other uses that you can explore. It doesn't do anything for or to your sim on its own.

If you want to start again, delete the Installation folder. Go to ...\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and check Simobject.cfg. Delete the MyTraffic entry if it exists. If it is not the last entry, make sure the remaining entries are sequential. Remove the MyTraffic entry in Scenery.cfg if it exists.

You can then reinstall.

Thanks Graham, I haven't got MT6 yet. I will download SDK and read all about it. I'll probably get MT6 today.  Thanks again for the help.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Hi everyone,

The single issue I am facing with My Traffic is the added time when loading the simulator.

It can take up to 4-5 minutes until I get the welcome screen.

Am I the only one?

Apart from that MT is working flawlessly, same as with previous P3D or FSX versions. 

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi everyone,

The single issue I am facing with My Traffic is the added time when loading the simulator.

It can take up to 4-5 minutes until I get the welcome screen.

Am I the only one?

Apart from that MT is working flawlessly, same as with previous P3D or FSX versions. 

My P3D version 3.1 and 3 when I had it , load in about 45 seconds. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I installed it into P3Dv3.1 but found it very demanding on fps.  You should also consider the freeware traffic optimizer utility as well with MT6. 

Agreed.  Sitting in an A320 at FSDT KORD I get 40-45 FPS with no traffic.

If I add MT6 into the mix at 13% airliners only, I plummet to 9 FPS.  And this is with the traffic optimizer.

Hi,

I also use MT6 and am very satisfied. Contrary to UT2 (I used it on FSX) that was very poor regarding AI planes presence, and also all the Ai traffic schedules files added made the simulator loading very long.

Nothing like that with MT6: I get plenty of planes in any airport, planes also in the sky, moderate cost on fps

Regarding AI traffic, I have a question: what does exactly the traffic optimizer do?

Patrice.

Patrice Dubois

what does copying the sdk file to the mytraffic folder actually do? I hadn't originally done this and I had traffic in P3D what will the difference be now I have copied the file over?

• Upvote 1

Gavin Price

You only need the SDK file copied if you want to create new AI traffic schedules. It's just as easy to edit the MyT 6 schedules that with the freeware AI Flight Planner utility (AIFP).