Sign in to follow this  
Luis Cortez

FLCH Doesn't Achieve Desired Speed, Also Would Not Descend

Hi everyone.

I have 1.1 installed, and did my first flight from SEZ-CRQ last night. Great bird, however I did notice that when I tried to climb to FL260, I set FLCH to desired altitude and Vx. The autopilot did not climb me at Vx, but at a speed significantly higher, I think it was around 120kts IAS. 

Also, FLCH did not work on descent at all. 

Also about descending, since FLCH didn't work I switched to V/S mode and it also would not descent after setting he alt bug, so I hand flew it down.

Anyone else have this issue? I'll see if it happens again and report back. 

Luis Cortez
www.fusionairways.com

Again, Carenado has its own logic and does not use Rockwell-Collins logic with the FGS. Also what you posted above is flawed as well.

• After take-off I always select pitch mode initially, use the vertical dial to set 7 to 10 degrees pitch. 
  • I make sure to always select an altitude in the Preselector. 

The King Air 90GTx climb schedule from the POH/AFM is:

0 - 10,000           150 KIAS

10,000 - 20,000 130 KIAS

20,000 - 25,000 120 KIAS

25,000 - 30,000 110 KIAS

• As I approach the climb speed I select FLC (which will sync to my current airspeed)
  • I adjust the speed bug to climb out at the climb schedule above.

What I posted seems to be Carenado's logic (which is not how the actual Rockwell-Collins system works.) I have not tried to FLC a descent. I know some people prefer constant airspeed descents, but I prefer to the typical King Air descent which is a powered descent. 

Again, Carenado has its own logic and does not use Rockwell-Collins logic with the FGS. Also what you posted above is flawed as well.

• After take-off I always select pitch mode initially, use the vertical dial to set 7 to 10 degrees pitch. 
  • I make sure to always select an altitude in the Preselector. 

The King Air 90GTx climb schedule from the POH/AFM is:

• As I approach the climb speed I select FLC (which will sync to my current airspeed)
  • I adjust the speed bug to climb out at the climb schedule above.

What I posted seems to be Carenado's logic (which is not how the actual Rockwell-Collins system works.) I have not tried to FLC a descent. I know some people prefer constant airspeed descents, but I prefer to the typical King Air descent which is a powered descent. 

Seems as if Carenado made this PL21 by their own rules huh? Lol, thanks for the tip.

Luis Cortez
www.fusionairways.com

Seems as if Carenado made this PL21 by their own rules huh? Lol, thanks for the tip.

Typical problems when you reverse engineer something, especially if the person doing the reverse engineering has only a basic understanding of the operations they are trying to replicate. Clearly this is not a licensed Rockwell-Collins product as their desktop trainer goes for $750. 

Would have been nice if Carenado provided tutorials on how to use their product considering the number of differences.

• Upvote 3