Sign in to follow this  
bhorsoft

Running FS2Crew on both FSX and P3d on the same machine?

I have FS2Crew for both the PMDG 737 NGX and the 777.  I initially installed for P3d since that is all I had running.  I've expanded the system and now have FSX installed on a different drive.  I have compared the panel.cfg between the NGX for P3d and FSX and added the entries for FS2Crew in the FSX version.  They were identical other wise.  I also mapped the autofeather key in the FSX NGX as specified in the Main Ops Manual.  

Unfortunately, I still can't get it to work in FSX although it still works in P3D.  So, is it possible for the same FS2Crew installation to work for both FSX and P3D?  If so, what step am I missing.  Or, do I need to do a separate installation of the same FS2Crew software to a different location to make it work for FSX while still having it work in P3D?  I'm a big fan of FS2Crew and plan on trying to do the same for the 777 and later the Airbus.

The FSX and P3D V3 panel.cfg files are not identical.  P3D V3 does not use the same file path for the FS2Crew gauges in the panel.cfg file.

To make it work in FSX, please do this:

1. Re-install the the aircraft.  This will restore the panel.cfg files to their original state.

2. Re-install FS2Crew.  Select the "FSX" option.  The installer should auto detect the location of FSX.

3. Run the "FSX" version of the FS2Crew Configurator.  Enable FS2Crew.

That will work.

Best,

Thanks!  Not exactly what I wanted to here, but it will work for me. Makes my app menu and shortcuts a nightmare with near duplicates.  :sad:

I did neglect to mention that I'm running P3D 2.5 and the panel.cfg files were identical - I ran them through BeyondCompare.  V3 is my next challenge once I pony up the cash for it and let the add-on market settles a bit for it.

Fortunately, I backed up the original panel.cfg before I made changes to it for FS2Crew so all I should really have to do is restore the original panel.cfg instead of reinstall the aircraft.

It looks like there are no common files between installations -- everything installs in the flight simulator directory.  Perfect if I install V3 on yet another disk...

I did neglect to mention that I'm running P3D 2.5 and the panel.cfg files were identical

That would be true.

It's only in P3D V3 where they decided to "mix things up" in the panel.cfg department... much to our delight of course :-)