Sign in to follow this  
alderon57

Change airport grass color?

I have searched this topic, but did not find a conclusive answer...

Does anyone know which texture(s) controls the airport grass color?  In my setup, the airport grass is usually much lighter and yellower than the surrounding vegetation.  (Not realistic.)  But to make matters worse, the runway color gets lost until you are very close to the airport.  (Frustrating.)

I'd like to alter the color if I could figure out which texture to play with.

Thanks!

Ron

Hi Ron,

I don't remember the exact texture because I'm not at my sim computer.  But, if you are not already aware, I believe Global ORBX fixes this and you get very nice replacement texture for all other land classes.

Ken 

Thanks, Ken.  I'd appreciate any info you could find later.

I am using another texture package, which I am generally very happy with.  It's just the darn grass.

Ron

If you're on the lazy side, just download the Drzewiecki Design freeware Grass X:

http://www.drzewiecki-design.net/prodDD_GrassX.htm

It works with any airport and includes 4096 textures for both grass and snow for the airport mask map. The installer can also reverse the process back to the default textures. It is compatible with all flavors of FSX and P3d, but then again these days, what isn't?

Thanks, Jay.

I think this replaces the grass texture / roughness - which is what most of the Google searches refer to also.

Still looks like an interesting package.

Thanks, Jay.

I think this replaces the grass texture / roughness - which is what most of the Google searches refer to also.

Still looks like an interesting package.

In order to make it  look like real world grass, one has to do what ORBX does with their airports. They superimpose grass-like simobjects on top of the main grass texture. 

I have searched this topic, but did not find a conclusive answer...

Does anyone know which texture(s) controls the airport grass color?  In my setup, the airport grass is usually much lighter and yellower than the surrounding vegetation.  (Not realistic.)  But to make matters worse, the runway color gets lost until you are very close to the airport.  (Frustrating.)

I'd like to alter the color if I could figure out which texture to play with.

Thanks!

Ron

I fully agree, the default grass is WAY too light in color and needs to be changed. Hopefully LM will address this in the next point release.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

I don't remember the exact texture because I'm not at my sim computer.

Just wondering if you know of the textures that you referenced in your earlier post. Thanks.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Ah - good ol' Luis.  I think this thread may help if LM hasn't rearranged things too much.

Thank you, Ken!

Ron

How about Kentucky Blue grass?   :wink:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310