Sign in to follow this  
fraxyyy

Joystick stops working

Hello guys,

first of all thank you for providing this support forum! I really need some help.

I will try to provide as much information as possible so this will probably end up in a giant wall of text.

First things first: I switched from FSX to P3D v3 and I got some serious issues that I have never had before.

In the following, I will go through my problems in some sort of timeline... :smile:

1) First installation of P3D v3.0

Installed following addons: Aerosoft Airbus, Active Sky, AivlaSoft EFB, Navigraph Database, TOPCAT, PFPX, FS2Crew 737 and Airbus

All was fine, everything was working perfectly!

Purchase and installation of the PMDG 737, problems started: :excl:

1-2 hours into the flight my joystick suddenly would stop working in P3D. Plane was confi on autopilot and everything was "fine", exept that I was unable to do anything within P3D with my Joystick.

If I tried to open up any menu (Set Time and Season, Chose Airport, Change Airplane) my sim would crash and I would get this error message:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 3.1.2.15831, Zeitstempel: 0x5672b60a
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.23250, Zeitstempel: 0x56258f63
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
Fehleroffset: 0x0000c44d
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x20ec
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d14c6e318c2cae
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: H:\Programme\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: d83dd754-b86e-11e5-b06f-448a5b9ed7c7

In this phase I made various tests and I can say that the Aerosoft Airbus as well as any default airplane would not stop my joystick from working nor would I get any error when I tried to open up any window at any given time. (Btw: If my joystick was working on the PMDG 737 in the first hour, I could open menus as well).

I was unable to fix the problem no matter what I did (reinstalling / uninstalling various addons, as well as the 737 ofc) so I decided the completly reinstall P3D and all of its components.

Now things will get very weird:

2) Complete reinstall of P3D v3.0 and with all of the addons

The problem was kinda "fixed". I guess it was, but I can't be sure as you will see in the following. PMDG 737 worked and joystick wouldn't crash on me anymore.

[update to P3D v3.1]

Purchase and installation of PMDG 777-200/F

The problem came BACK! This was so weird... the PMDG 777 now had the exact, EXACT same problem as the 737 had on the first install (see 1) )

It didn't matter whether ASNext, AivlaSoft, PFPX or TOPCAT were running or not. 1-2 hours into the flight, or even just standing still on the runway, the joystick would stop working.

Opening windows would result in:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Prepar3D.exe, Version: 3.1.2.15831, Zeitstempel: 0x5672b60a
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.23250, Zeitstempel: 0x56258f63
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
Fehleroffset: 0x0000c44d
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x20ec
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d14c6e318c2cae
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: H:\Programme\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: d83dd754-b86e-11e5-b06f-448a5b9ed7c7

So I began to search the internet again, tried all sorts of stuff but eventually read that PMDG and KERNELBASE.dll couldn't really be connected, I decided to try to get rid of the KERNELBASE.dll problem with reinstalling WINDOWS 7!

And with that, things got even worse.. or even more weird :fool:

3) Reinstalling windows 7 and with that P3D v3.1 as well

Installed all of my addons as well as PMDG 737 and 777 and I thought all was working wonderfully, as I flew with the 737 from EKCH-LGAV and everything was fine. On final approach into LGAV I got a new error:

Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: xactengine3_4.dll, Version: 9.26.1590.0, Zeitstempel: 0x49bebfa4
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000038f7
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1628
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d15204658f8e11
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: F:\Prepar3d\Prepar3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SysWow64\xactengine3_4.dll
Berichtskennung: ff184054-be14-11e5-af16-448a5b9ed7c7

and this is the .NET Runtime error:

Application: Prepar3D.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0F8D38F7

I wasn't worried too much, since my joystick didn't fail on me. And I blamed the xactengine3_4.dll error on FS2Crew.

So I happily started a new flight the next day as suddenly my joystick stoped working 1 hour into the flight. :Hmmmph: I was shocked.  I went ahead and opened up a menu, which would cause the KERNELBASE.dll problem on the old windows 7, but the sim just shut down without any error. No error in eventviewer, no error, absolutly nothing.

I did some more testing: Aerosoft Airbus (7 hours of flight time since windows 7 reinstall) and PMDG 777 (5 hours of testing) are working fine so far.

To sum this all up:

1) PMDG 737 Joystick problem + KERNELBASE

2) PMDG 737 is fine, PMDG 777 Joystick problem + KERNELBASE

3) PMDG 737 Joystick problem WITHOUT KERNELBASE problem

Some more information:

I tested 2 Saitek X52, both with same results, so I don't think my joystick is broken. Furthermore the joystick works when again when I restart P3D and it works in windows all the time.

I tested 1 and 2, with and without the Saitek drivers and right now I won't install them again, since the problem occured with and without the drivers already back in my old OS. Furthermore uninstalling Saitek Drivers is a pain and I don't need and don't want them on my system anymore.

This is pretty much all I know at this point.

If you made it this far, I really really thank you for reading this, maybe someone has a solution for this very weird problem. :hi:

Greetings,

Franz-Niklas Büter

#Edit 1: Added full name

This is pretty much all I know at this point.

If you made it this far, I really really thank you for reading this, maybe someone has a solution for this very weird problem.

Full names - first and last - are required in the forum here.

Are you leaving any aircraft add-ons off of the list you provided earlier?

Kyle Rodgers

Hello,

no. I only have Aerosoft Airbus, PMDG 737 800/900 and 777-200/F for P3D and I got all of these 3 installed.

Greetings,

Franz-Niklas Büter :hi:

no. I only have Aerosoft Airbus, PMDG 737 800/900 and 777-200/F for P3D and I got all of these 3 installed.

KERNELBASE.dll errors could be user profile corruption, but if your hardware stops working, my guess is that you might not have the proper drivers installed.

Kyle Rodgers

The problem occures with and without latest Saitek drivers installed.

I also tested different USB slots!

Edit: Notice please, that my hardware doesn't stop completely. It works after P3D restart and it continues to work in windows all the time.

- Franz-Niklas Büter

Regardless, if you search the Microsoft knowledge base for KERNELBASE errors all roads lead to corrupt user profiles.

Dan Downs KCRP

KERNELBASE problem is already fixed.

Current situation is

3) PMDG 737 Joystick problem WITHOUT KERNELBASE problem

Just wanted to sum up all the things that happend since I got P3D :smile:

- Franz-Niklas Büter

Hey guys,

I sadly need to add the PMDG 777 to Number 3) as well. So right now my PMDG 737 and the 777 are not working. So... now all PMDG products are not working for me. I guess this is better than having a working 777 and a non working 737, or the other way around like it was in my 2nd installtion try (Number 2).

One more thing: I have noticed this window popping up, everytime I use the 737:

weirdwindow.jpg

What I will do now is, I will run P3D without ASNext, AivlaSoft, PFPX and TOPCAT and I will see what happens then.

Then I will uninstall and reinstall P3D with one addon at the time.

Another thing: Because the same problem (but this time without the KERNELBASE.dll) appears on two different OS (since I reinstalled windows 7) -> I am thinking it is hardware.

But Joystick is working fine in windows, it only happens with PMDG aircraft and after a simple P3D restart everything is fine again, I can not believe it is a form of a hardware problem.

- Franz-Niklas Büter