Sign in to follow this  
jemac3

Registration Issue

Evening,

I built a new PC strictly for Flight Simulator I am going with Prepar3d v3.1 ( my original PC was FSX) and I am reloading my Radar Contact. I requested the Key and received it quickly. I cannot get it to activate? Is there something I am missing? Do I need to get a new copy since I am using Prepar3d now?

Thank You,

Jim

RC is at version 4.3845. If you require updating you can request a download link from jd@jdtllc.com and include your user name and e-mail address as registered.

You need to download and install (over the one the DVD or download installed) FSUIPC4 latest version from this link:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/ (full and interim as needed) and makerwys.exe from

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Be sure when you sent your key request you included any '-' in the product code. When copying/pasting the key from the e-mail into the registration dialog box be sure to delete any leading or trailing spaces that Windows is prone to add.

In addition have you acquired the necessary dlls and .ocx files needed to be installed in your new version of Windows? Please read the pinned 713 topic if you are getting such errors.

Afternoon,

Thank You for your response.

I have already done that twice now. I have built a new PC strictly for Flight Sime and have installed Prepar3d v3.1 and also installed and registered latest FSUIPC. I apply the keys received via email and continue to get the same response and it will not register. Am I missing something or do I need to be reissued something?

If you are installing RC in the same disk partition for the same RC version 4.3845 and user data your keys received should be the same. When starting RC you should right click on it and select run as admin.

What happens when RC does not activate?

The first time you run RC (as admin) the dialog screen comes up. You enter your key that you received and then you get not responding and exits. It never went into the install process, correct? If it installed but on the this try you get the register dialog screen again but then just exits after entering the key again (slight difference) then that is a separate issue.

Go into the rcv4 or rcv4x folder. See if you have rcv4.bin in there. If you do it never expanded into the working version of rcv4.exe and rcv4.bin should disappear,

There is no rcv4.bin in either location. I just launched it again to get the information and it came up. I will run through the setup.. Thanks for responding. I am not sure what fixed it.(probably user error)

Glad you got it working. Remember to now install the latest FSUIPC4 and makerwys.exe which are p3d compatible from the links i posted. The run the scenery rebuild to pull in all of the scenery data RC uses. It might be best to setup a shortcut to rcv4.exe and set set up the shortcut properties (Win 7 has two levels) to run as admin.