Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

Something resetting my fsx.cfg file

Hi

Not sure whats happening here but twice in the last month my FSX..cfg has reset itself to default. Since I keep a backup no big deal but just wondering what is going on - whether there's something I am doing by mistake?

Welcome any thoughts.

Thanks

John

Depends on what is being reset..

FSX will reset LOD or max texture settings if you access the Options/Display panel.

Bert

Having the backup FSX.cfg is a good thing!  Any chance that you were editing or looking at something in the

.cfg file and accidentally deleted it while trying to close?  That's about the only thing that could cause

it to be set back to default on the next start up of FSX.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Happened to me as well. Everything (not just the .CFG file) in the FSX folder (C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming/FSX) was result to default, and all of my backup .CFG files were gone, as well as the modified dll.mxl file and it's backup(s). 

When I stared looking around I noticed in the same location a newly created folder named "FSX - App Data Folder" and lo-and-behold in that folder was my correct .CFG and .XML files with all of the backups. I made backups of both and re-named the "FSX - App Data Folder" to just "FSX" and Flight Sim launched normally with all settings intact.

I launched and played FSX a bit Friday morning, and everything was normal. Then today the strange folder thing happened.

The only thing that changed was, when I shut down on Friday, Windows went through an updated that finished when I booted up again. 

I'm running FSX SE in Windows 7.