Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

How to install Javier Fernandez Aircraft Carrier in v3.1

I'm helping a friend install Javier's Aircraft Carrier into P3D version 3.1 on his PC.

On my system, which is version 2.5, Javier's Carrier installed correctly.

I can't get it to install correctly on my friends v3.1......for example the pull down menu," Add-Ons" when running P3D is missing.

There is probably an XML file that needs to be modified or a file that placed in the wrong folder.

Any suggestions?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

I don't use the product but you might start by looking at YOUR dll.xml and exe.xml file and comparing it with his. Perhaps yours will have an entry that is missing from his.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have not looked at the dll.xml, but the exe.xml file appears to be "locked" by Lockheed Martin. I have been unsuccessful at modifying the exe.xml file with version 3.1.

However, I can modify the exe.xml file from version 2.5.....which is very interesting.

I'm hoping someone will respond who has been successful at installing this very popular aircraft carrier.....and can tell me how to do it?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Not using the Xavier carrier but have happily modded the exe.xml for e.g. UT2.  In fact did it when P3D v3.0 and it stayed when did upgrade to v3.1   Not found any "lockout" and not sure how it could.  You are using the exe.xml in Appdata, not the blank one on Program Data I trust?.  Open and modify it with Notepad easiest . . .

Hi birdmanmike,

The exe.xml file I'm trying to modify is in the Program Data file folder, and I can't make the modification.

BTW, there is no exe.xml in the appdata folder.

For some reason, the exe.xml file in Program Data appears to need permission to modify?

Possibly this is due to a recent security measure Microsoft has recently made in one of their downloads?

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

Bill, sorry that's the point - I should have said ignore the Program data one - you have to create an  exe.xml in the Appdata/roaming//lockheed martin/Prepar3d v3folder if none of your/his add-ons have already done one.  Thats what I had to do after finding that the exe.xml that mattered from my FSX was in appdata.  Just copy the one (or the entry) from your 2.5 and place it in the 3.1 appdata, or indeed copy the exe.xml from the program data and paste into the appdata then edit in the carrier stuff.  Notepad is your friend. And backup any original . . .

For P3D (and FSX) the exe.xml that matters is in appdata/roaming.  It's like the old scenery.cfg that you should never touch in the FSX root that wasn't the"live" one.  I don't think either LM or MS have locked the program data one - don't see how they could unless LM just made the base one in program data read-only.  But the Program data one is not the one you want anyway.

Is the 3.1 installed in default Program files (x86) or in a separate folder?.  Was it installed with admin rights and is UAC turned off? Might account for not being able to edit the original

and in the same way the dll.xml that matters turns up in appdata/local . . . .  

Fingers crossed,  Mike