Sign in to follow this  
theskyisthelimit

Best and least fps impact - traffic addons for p3d v3?

I'm wondering what everyone has found works best with v3 of P3D.. in the past i had used ultimate traffic 2 (ut2) but now with v3, wondering if this is still the best choice.. are they still updating flight info to the current year as well (less important to me)?

I saw that people have gotten ut2 working in v3 and also my traffic v6.. it appears my traffic v6 is at least compatible with v2.5 whereas ut2 isnt technically p3d compatible, though both work.. so it would seem my traffic 6 is more "up to date"..

Is there any other one out there worth checking out?  Or between UT2 and My traffic v6, does UT2 still win on least performance impact?

Thanks in advance

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

I haven't used UT since v1, but am using mt6a in p3d3.1. Minimal fps impact as long as your AI settings aren't cranked (I use 30% and 30%), and it's a "set it, forget it" program. Setup is a bit tedious but follow the instructions and you'll be fine. I can recommend it, its still in active development, and you get a diverse assortment of AC types.

I use My Traffic 6. Installs easily in P3D, no tweaking or problems setting it up took me less than 10 minutes total, and it runs easily with almost no FPS hit with around 20 % AI traffic which is plenty for me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Another vote here for MyTraffic 6 - as long as you don't go overboard with the amount of AI then I see a minimal FPS hit.

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

After looking at the packages out there, I still fall back to my trusty, old World of AI (WOAI).  Easy to install, still looks the best and has the best FPS for me.  I actually enjoy the older "paints" like America West, PanAm, 3-holers, 732's etc., and having the latest routes is not a high priority for me.

Nice thing is you can always try a few of them for free and then switch to one of the paywares if it does not suit you.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Thanks for the suggestions on MT6.. curious though, in the past many said the models were better with UT2.. is this still the case.. or are there easy methods to import higher quality models so that MT6 can use them?

MSI z690-a Unify; 1000 watt evga SuperNova Platinum; 12900kf at 1.255 adaptive LLC6, auto avx, auto Pcore, E-4.0ghz, Ring-4.1ghz, PL 241watt (Cine96c, games 83c case side On); DDR5 Gskill F5-6400J3239G16GA2-TZ5RS  at 6400mhz autovolt, Kraken x73 360mm; Thermaltake v51 Case; Gigabyte 4090 OC;  VR-Varjo Aero;  AstronomicallySpeaking:

clutch please  advise  how woai install in p3dv3. Have used in past but do not no how install into p3dv3. thanks ,denny 

If you don't look very hard at the AI then MyT6 is the way to go. It's simple and easy but you may not be too impressed with the models and liveries. That's a personal thing that you'll need to make the call on.

FPS or VAS wise though I don't think the difference between MyT6, UT2 or even the freeware is very great. It comes down to what ever you decide is good enough.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

UT2 better models, more configurable, power pack to add schedules. IMO less overhead. Runs as a separate process. Correct exterior lights. Is no longer maintained. Latest schedules 2013. I believe aircraft disappear over water. Aircraft paints are incomplete, therefore the Daedalus default paints. Flip side, Daedalus time consuming, but simple to replace. Can remove traffic on ground when user aircraft reaches user defined altitude.

MyTraffic 6 inferior models (importance of model quality is subjective). External lighting is generally inferior and inconsistent. Is BGL based and so IMO, uses more resources. That is just my own unscientific observation. AI Traffic Optimizer can be uzed to mitigate this. The software is maintained and schedules are recent. Additional files are added to increase the number of gates in airports, to bring closer to reality. All paints are accurate for carriers. Whether latest for each carrier, I don't know. Has military aircraft.

I should point out I was a long time MyTraffic user who switched to UT2.

Just my observation, the MyT schedules are "current" as in more up to date but certainly not realistic. There are MANY fictitious plans/city pairings as well for all airlines not to mention highly embellished fleet numbers.

I've given both UT2 and MyT6 a fair try as I wanted to be able to compare them to my custom freeware AI setup (neither comes close). I've said it before but these threads keep coming up, if you just want to populate your skies with simple AI then MyT6 is the way to go. If you want better models with far nicer looking liveries and the ability to customize and get good accurate plans (from Alpha India Group etc) then UT2 is the way to go. You get back what you put into it.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS