Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Smith

Will the new 747 model...

That's an interesting application; not a new idea, a B29 launched the Bell X-1 to break the sound barrier.  I am a little surprised that a B744 is the mother ship, expecting a B742 I guess.

Dan Downs KCRP

That's an interesting application; not a new idea, a B29 launched the Bell X-1 to break the sound barrier.  I am a little surprised that a B744 is the mother ship, expecting a B742 I guess.

Probably one of the retiring Virgin Atlantic birds.  They're all paid for!!  ;)

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Dont forget the space shuttles were also carried on and in the case of the Enterprise launched from, the back of a 742

Probably one of the retiring Virgin Atlantic birds.  They're all paid for!!  ;)

Pretty much, I believe the plane they are using was on it's way to retirement from Virgin Atlantic and then they have brought it back to life for it's new role.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

No.

Are you sure?

It utilises the same mechanisms required to carry the ferry engine and would require the same procedures to adjust for balance and stability. Apart from visuals, the prime additional requirements would be for a release mechanism and procedures to rebalance the aircraft after release.

It is not as if there are that many other opportunities for 747's with Boeing reducing production to half a dozen a year. 

Are you sure?

It utilises the same mechanisms required to carry the ferry engine and would require the same procedures to adjust for balance and stability. Apart from visuals, the prime additional requirements would be for a release mechanism and procedures to rebalance the aircraft after release.

It is not as if there are that many other opportunities for 747's with Boeing reducing production to half a dozen a year.

Can't be 100% sure of anything in life, but I highly doubt they will add that feature. The engine ferry feature was surprising but the feature asked for here I would suspect isn't in consideration.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator