Sign in to follow this  
coolcraft117

PMDG 737 NGX VC light problem

Hello,

I recently bought my second Add On (first was Active Sky Next) for FSX. Well I can't really describe how happy I'm with it but I don't think that, the reviews says everithing :smile:. The first 2-3 flights I did went really well, even for an newbie like me. But 1 week after I buy it the Lights in the Cockpits stopped working the they they should (I think). If I set the Flood Light on the captains side the closest to minimum possible (without being off), the part of the cockpit, where for example the VC light switches and the wind shield air and foot air knobs are, became full bright while the rest of the panel stays with almost no light (as it should). And the lights on the lower DU (I hope its called like that) are incorrect if i turn the flood light full on(the upper half of the body around the display is dark and the lower half is bright... shouldnt be it the other way). Almost the same thing with the circuit wall light...-...minimums and circuit wall is full bright. And if i turn on the font light (at the main panel and mcu- overhead is working fine) the fonts act as they should but the light on the knobs turn all the way up to bright. Well, those problems arent a game breaker ofcourse but I would love if someone could help me finding out why this is so because it looks so odd when for example in europe in winter i turn the flood only a bit on and some parts of the main panel shows fully bright while other parts almost dark. But hey, for me it is still a wonderfull aircraft and I would appreciate if someone shows me the point were I probably failed :fool:.

P.S. reinstallation of FSX already done, no changes and with DX9 or 10 same thing as well.

Hope someone help me soon :)

P.S. reinstallation of FSX already done, no changes and with DX9 or 10 same thing as well.

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Reinstalls rarely fix things, and in some cases, can cause more issues than you were trying to solve in the first place. At the very least, it creates a bunch of needless extra work. In the future, it's best to wait for help before jumping immediately to burning the house down.

What method are you using to turn the lights on? Right clicks or using the mouse wheel?

Kyle Rodgers

Hello,

thanks for the fast anwser. Its my first Post in this Forum, sorry. My name is Alexandre Rodrigues.

I tried both ways but in both cases the problem appears. Beside, if it matters, I activate they more with mouse wheel than with Mouse Clicks.

I hope, this screen shots will help to understand what im meaning.

Those screenshots look normal to me.

Full names in every post, please.

Kyle Rodgers

for example: notice the light difference between the cdu and lower DU

Are you using any shader mods or DX10?

Kyle Rodgers