Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

V3 CFG SimObjectPaths

Could someone please give me a copy of the base SimObjectPaths list? mine is all screwed up. thankyou.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

[Entry.0]

Title=Default Airplanes

Path=SimObjects\Airplanes

Required=True

Active=True

[Entry.1]

Title=Default Avatars

Path=SimObjects\Avatars

Required=True

Active=True

[Entry.2]

Title=Default Rotorcraft

Path=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

Required=True

Active=True

[Entry.3]

Title=Default Ground Vehicles

Path=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

Required=True

Active=True

[Entry.4]

Title=Default Boats

Path=SimObjects\Boats

Required=True

Active=True

[Entry.5]

Title=Default Animals

Path=SimObjects\Animals

Required=True

Active=True

[Entry.6]

Title=Default Misc

Path=SimObjects\Misc

Required=True

Active=True

[Entry.7]

Title=Default Submersible

Path=SimObjects\Submersible

Required=True

Active=True

[Entry.8]

Title=Default Weapons

Path=SimObjects\Weapons

Required=True

Active=True

[Entry.9]

Title=Default Countermeasures

Path=SimObjects\Countermeasures

Required=True

Active=True

that's from 3.1 simobjects.cfg

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks, I need the list in the CFG file

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

if you delete the file and start p3d , it will create a default one with all the required entries...

Jorge

• Upvote 1

Thanks, I need the list in the CFG file

Do you mean Prepar3D.cfg [Main] section? That no longer has the simobjects defines, all are in simobjects.cfg now.

Steve I think he means the simobjects.cfg in program data, if so as I said delete it and p3d will make a new pristine one.

Jorge

Hi Jorge, Maybe, but I was thinking he mentions SimObjectPaths which FSX uses in the [Main] section of fsx.cfg, but P3D uses C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\simobjects.cfg.

If you look at the end of the MAIN section, you will see that the entries in Prepared.cfg were put there by the migration tool. Probably so that addons that look for aircraft entries in Prepared.cfg (which probably gets copied and renamed FSX.cfg) will find what they're looking for.

Addons using later versions of Prepar3D will look for, and if necessary add entries to, SimObjects.cfg.

How do I clean up that mess,and get it back to just one MT6 entry?

Uninstall the migration tool and try again.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Another straw placed on the camel's back by the migration tool.  This and the new one by Vector are nothing but trouble.  Hope things work out for you Jim.  

\Robert Hamlich/

Thanks,will try uninstall of Migration Tool ,then reinstall of MT6;

Thanks,will try uninstall of Migration Tool, then reinstall of MT6;

If you uninstall the migration tool, make sure you disable FSX mode before uninstalling. Also, I believe the tool now creates a dummy install of Prepar3D v2.

I don't think you have to reinstall MyTraffic. After uninstalling EMT, go to ...ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and open Simobject.cfg. Delete all of the entries for MyTraffic except the entry that actually points to the MyTraffic\Aircraft folder. Check your scenery library and make sure there is an entry for MyTraffic. You should be OK.