Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

RealAir Legacy V2 Released

A quiet note update to another thread from Robert Young, where he announced that it's released.  I bought both FSX and P3D upgrade versions.  Happy flying.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

A quiet note update to another thread from Robert Young, where he announced that it's released.  I bought both FSX and P3D upgrade versions.  Happy flying.

Thanks for the update Vu, I have the Legacy as well. Great aircraft!

Regards

Lamar Wright

Does this version have the VC rain effects built it? I don't have the Duke but I think it has VC rain effects but wasn't sure if the Legacy has them or not.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Does this version have the VC rain effects built it? I don't have the Duke but I think it has VC rain effects but wasn't sure if the Legacy has them or not.

Because of the huge canopy in the Legacy raindrops, which are necessarily of a certain size, get hugely distorted and enlarged and can look rather silly, so we decided against it.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Robert,

I guess I know the answer to this question, however I want to try anyway:

is Realair working on any new project?

I am impressed by v2 so far, although it was not easy to improve one of the best addons ever made. I wonder if we are to see a new model besides the Dukes and the Legacy in the next future.

If you can talk about that, of course.

Thanks in advance

Filippo Nesi

Just installed this. Real Air have raised the bar again. Easily the best GA aircraft out there - in my humble opinion! Well worth the cost.

Just installed this. Real Air have raised the bar again. Easily the best GA aircraft out there - in my humble opinion! Well worth the cost.

Philip I agree 100%.

Regards

Lamar Wright

Because of the huge canopy in the Legacy raindrops, which are necessarily of a certain size, get hugely distorted and enlarged and can look rather silly, so we decided against it.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAir

Thanks Rob. I think I'll pick it up anyways as it looks awesome. Aside from real life flying I'm not much into GA in the sim but the Legacy looks like one I'll need to try out. The only RealAir plane I've ever purchased was the SF260 but tend to not fly it very often.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've been very impressed with the original RealAir Legacy, so I definitely intend to get the version 2.  Based on the description of its new features, it sounds great. I'd also be interested in a version 2 of the great RealAir Citabria series.  Heck, I might even be interested in an updated SF260.  

If I understand it correctly the new Legacy has adjustable gauge lighting that also works for the GTN. Will this filter over to the Turbine Duke at some time?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

If I understand it correctly the new Legacy has adjustable gauge lighting that also works for the GTN. Will this filter over to the Turbine Duke at some time?

I think it will be implemented in the forthcoming piston Duke update, but not sure about the T Duke. It's a similar situation to making a new car, in that you cannot expect manufacturers to go back and redesign a previous model because a new model comes out. But we'll see what can be done once we've finished the piston Duke update first.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Thanks, I think it would be a great addition to the best twin aircraft in any sim to date. In fact I would pay for the update.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

The one issue is that there is very little info about power settings for the turbocharged engine. So far I am guessing and climbing at 32 HG and 2500 RPM... 

At 25000 I was firewalled on the throttle but had to play with RPM a lot... still not satisfied that I found the sweet spot.

RealAir really seems to have modeled the interactions between airspeed and fuel flow when it comes to RPM.

Donald

I also wish there was an option of medium large and then very large O2 tanks. Two hours is a little on the small side for a KABE KMIA run but ten hours would be serious overkill.

Donald