Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

RealAir Legacy V2 Released

Rob you were kind enough to reply to me about this issue when I emailed you. I appreciated your reply and bought your excellent aircraft anyway.

I have had experience of SWREG before and feel that not only is tax being claimed by them when others are able to work around the issue but we cannot be sure that the taxman sees a penny.

I would have been happier to deal with PayPal directly.

Anyway great work and worth the money..thanks

... Swreg offers credit card or paypal. You do not get only the option of a paypal checkout.

Beg to differ, but, the only button, option, or choice I have upon check out is PayPal, and it changes the stated price.

1_zpsr05ddfwc.jpg

Joe Lorenc

Beg to differ, but, the only button, option, or choice I have upon check out is PayPal, and it changes the stated price.

We've been dealing with Swreg for more than 15 years and I can assure you they offer credit card or paypal. If they didn't we would be unable to be in business. I cannot know why they are not offering you a credit card payment, and the reasons will be between you and them. Swreg add tax because they have agreements with European and other governments to deduct tax at the sale source. We never see the added tax. We do not know where you come from when you press "buy now" but swreg and other retailers trace your IP and apply tax at the rate your nation demands. At any point before committing you can withdraw when you see the final price. I say again, we receive EXACTLY the price we advertise, less the commission sellers charge, which is substantial.

Intermediary banks also charge a small currency conversion. Currency exchange info sites publish inter bank rates, not consumer rates. We do not gain from that either. It's an unfair world. Please don't blame us. We just work hard to produce products and we sell using giant corporations who are as frustrating for us as they are for you. 

Rob you were kind enough to reply to me about this issue when I emailed you. I appreciated your reply and bought your excellent aircraft anyway.

I have had experience of SWREG before and feel that not only is tax being claimed by them when others are able to work around the issue but we cannot be sure that the taxman sees a penny.

I would have been happier to deal with PayPal directly.

Anyway great work and worth the money..thanks

What do you mean by "are able to work around this issue"? Are you saying that others find a way of avoiding tax? We can't be part of any enterprise that evades tax. As to whether tax is taken but not passed on, that is a very serious allegation. Perhaps you'd be better directing that at the portals concerned. We act entirely in good faith.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Joe L... I had this problem as well when I first attempted to purchase. It was a security issue (as in, SWREG didn't like the restrictions I used on them placing cookies). Kind of ridiculous that one must remove security measures just to make an on-line purchase, but the world is what it is.

Good luck,

Greg

. . .Please don't blame us. We just work hard to produce products and we sell using giant corporations who are as frustrating for us as they are for you.   . . .

Not "blaming you" for anything, merely bringing up a question as a consumer.

You deal with SWReg - fine, but, for the record I just bought the aircraft from SimMarket, who has my country of origin on record, etc, for 8% less than through SWReg (my price was the advertised 34.95 euro at the stated exchange rate).  I was trying to support you as a developer by buying direct through your site, but I don't feel I should have to pay SWReg extra ($$ to them) to do so.

Thanks,

Joe Lorenc

I am wondering why the RealAir site advertises the price at 34.95 Euro, but, when I try to check out I get either $41.99 USD, or if I try to check out in Euro the price changes to 37.42 Euro ($41.67 USD by PayPal rates).  I am only given an option of Paypal Checkout by SWREG.

I had the same situation. If you pay using PayPal it is going to add tax if you are in the U.S. Of A. If you pay using a credit card it does not add tax. I was only given the option of PayPal if I was on a mobile device (i.e. Phone or tablet) but on my desktop computer both forms of payment were available.

I did paid in Euros because even with the exchange rate and the bank fees it was cheaper than the price in U.S. Dollars. I had to wait almost a full week for SWREG to answer a support email. In the end it was resolve.

I am not criticizing Realair. Rob was really helpful when I asked him about. Yes Rob finally I was able to get the Legacy V2 and the Turbine Duke V2.

Not "blaming you" for anything, merely bringing up a question as a consumer.

You deal with SWReg - fine, but, for the record I just bought the aircraft from SimMarket, who has my country of origin on record, etc, for 8% less than through SWReg (my price was the advertised 34.95 euro at the stated exchange rate).  I was trying to support you as a developer by buying direct through your site, but I don't feel I should have to pay SWReg extra ($$ to them) to do so.

Thanks,

I appreciate you are attempting to support us by cutting out affiliate sellers. However your previous post's image shows 34.95 Euros, which, I assume this being a Legacy V2 thread, is the exact our price of the Legacy in Euros. If you are in a state within the US that does not charge tax, or in another country that does not charge tax, then that will be the price. If you are saying that even without tax the final price is more than 34.95 Euros then it must be that some intermediary bank has gained an advantage in the currency conversion to dollars, or that perhaps Swreg or Digital River is imposing a premium for currency conversion.

If that is the case then I regret that. I have written to Swreg several times in the past to seek clarity on this because at the very least their currency exchange policy should be transparent. What I do know is that Digital River, Swreg's parent company, do have offices in the UK and therefore they cannot avoid paying EU tax. Similarly many states in the US  impose a sales tax but generally quite a lot lower than the EU does.

I do get invoice copies/receipts from sales and what is clear is that customers in some states do get charged sales tax while others do not, albeit much more modest than EU VAT. If some European portals avoid that tax in your favour then they are technically breaking the law because an agreement was signed many years ago between the US, Canada and the EU to apply regional taxes. So maybe you got away with paying no tax - I do not know your personal details.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I bought RealAir's outstanding Legacy V2 using Swreg and didn't notice any particular problems.  But I did notice that when I had a question, Rob responded immediately - outstanding customer support.  

Thanks Rob!

I bought RealAir's outstanding Legacy V2 using Swreg and didn't notice any particular problems.  But I did notice that when I had a question, Rob responded immediately - outstanding customer support.  

Thanks Rob!

Thank you. We offer support seven days a week, at all hours. I'm grateful for your comment.

I loaded up my weight and GF weight and baggage to head down to warmer weather. Enough fuel to bring me to gross weight. Trying to make Florida before the fuel or oxygen run out.

KABE- KSPG with dual GTN 750s... have to do a WAAS approach when I get there.

9.4 hours on the Hobbs... be over 11 when I land.

Donald

I loaded up my weight and GF weight and baggage to head down to warmer weather. Enough fuel to bring me to gross weight. Trying to make Florida before the fuel or oxygen run out.

KABE- KSPG with dual GTN 750s... have to do a WAAS approach when I get there.

9.4 hours on the Hobbs... be over 11 when I land.

Donald

Ain't Life Grand!

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Any new twins planned?

We're concentrating on updating the piston Duke for the time being. We've discussed a few twins/corporate jets for the future but haven't come to any conclusion. We'll keep customers posted if we arrive at a decision on the future. Thanks for your interest!

We've discussed a few twins/corporate jets for the future.......

This is great news Rob. Your Falcon 5 from I don't know how many years ago was one of my all time favorites. I'd love to have a corporate jet from Realair.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4