Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

So I've got hot chocolate, and I'm staying home!

Fellow North Easterners, it's nasty out there, and on a weekend there's small reason for most of us to be on the roads. Stay home, because.........

Things like this can happen....... And chocolate is good.

20160123_102502_zpsfn5apefs.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

If I were 100 miles south I'd be stayin in too, but alas only grey skies here (Southern VT) and not a pariticle in sight! They are getting thumped in NJ/NYC/SWCT for sure but above the Mass Pike is a non-event. Oh well, hot chocolate sounds good anyway. Devon, where are you?

Cheers,

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Pennsylvania. They've already declared a state of emergency here, and the first accident just occurred right outside my door. As a four way intersection out here in the back of the beyond where only the deer go, it's still a popular point for accidents precisely because there's nothing around and people get in the habit of speeding through.

Chocolate!!!!!

20160123_114606_zpskpdwjsd5.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I'm in Cape Town, South Africa...we are struggling with a 3 week heatwave....39 deg c....every day....I need snow! All the best for you guys out there..... :American Flag:

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I'm in Cape Town, South Africa...we are struggling with a 3 week heatwave....39 deg c....every day....I need snow! All the best for you guys out there..... :American Flag:

I'm perfectly willing to trade.......

Do you like shoveling?  :Cuppa:

Devons rig

I'm perfectly willing to trade.......

Do you like shoveling?  :Cuppa:

Keep us informed as to how you guys cope with that weather....I will shovel any day! Good luck and all the best....Just as long as the power stays on for your flight simming!

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Keep us informed as to how you guys cope with that weather....I will shovel any day! Good luck and all the best....Just as long as the power stays on for your flight simming!

People who live in areas like this, where the powerlines are apparently made of silly string, always assume that the electricity can go at any moment in a storm, maybe for days and days. Doesn't even need to be snow or rain, just somebody (probable idiot) hitting a pole. Generators and space heaters are practically religious items.  :help:

In the interim between seeing your post and typing a reply, I wandered to the window and saw a pickup truck coming down the hill (I live on a mountain) do a near 360 before coming to a stop. Lucky for him he didn't hit anything and finally turned around and kept on. They never learn.

Devons rig

Good for you, Devon! It's best to stay in, to avoid all of the mutants who won't heed the words of warning from the authorities.

As long as you have everything in hand to sit it out, you're in good shape.

Grab a good Aviation book, and hunker down!

Alan  :smile:

BTW... partly cloudy here in Denver today... 59°F but it's gonna get colder and wetter for the big game tomorrow.

GO BRONCOS (please...)

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Almost 23H00...temperature reduced to 25 deg c...77 deg F.......wish I was there!

Peter Webber

BTW... partly cloudy here in Denver today... 59°F but it's gonna get colder and wetter for the big game tomorrow.

GO BRONCOS (please...)

LOL, As somewhat of a Patriot fan (not a fanatic mind you) the Broncs worry me! I hope for a good game is really all I ask, not one of those lopsided silly things. Cold and wet huh? Should favor the Bronc's running game and deter the Pat's pass attack, but with football one never really knows. Should be a fun Sunday regardless. And the big storm cleanup should be in full swing!

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Glad I live in Canada where we don't have that kind of weather!!  :LMAO: :LMAO:

Seriously, we've had it good for the past few years.  All the major storms have been south of us hitting Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts (think Boston) and moving on to the Canadian Maritimes.  I think we had less that 2 feet of snow last year.  Right now, there's only about a foot on the ground at most.

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Good luck and stay safe, those who are in the middle of the nasty weather. For us here in the Pacific Northwest (metropolitan Vancouver, Canada), the weather has actually been mild for this time of the year: no snow at all and temperatures near 10 degrees Celsius/50 degrees Fahrenheit).

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

We had some last week-end here in Blighty but not as bad as you Eastern Seaboarders are having it. Thinking of my friends in Pa.

Please stay safe and sound and hope you all come out of it okay

I think it is the height of irony watching the TV reporters driving around in NYC while talking about the "total travel ban" in effect since earlier this afternoon...

...What, the ban doesn't apply to their vehicle? :Shame On You:

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I think it is the height of irony watching the TV reporters driving around in NYC while talking about the "total travel ban" in effect since earlier this afternoon...

...What, the ban doesn't apply to their vehicle? :Shame On You:

Well, some professions get exemptions. When I was with the phone company, all I had to do was show my ID to any cops who pulled me over and I was let through. Apparently a working phone system is a requirement for civilization. Maybe somebody decided news reporting is too? 

(probably reporters)

Of course, for certain people with no shoveling responsibilities, it's all fun and games.

20160123_164511_zpsvztub4tf.jpg

Devons rig