Sign in to follow this  
Captain Skink

FMC initialization

Hello from snowed in KAVL ...

I'm trying to figure out a FMC initialization issue that I haven't seen before .

I'm taking an around the world adventure with the J41 and really love the aircraft, despite the polygons I get sometimes (I refuse to lower the panel settings.. for another time) .

The issue today is I am at NGFU , Funafuti . I am flying to NGTA , Tarawa . For some reason , The FMC wants to initialize the aircraft at NFNR , Rotuma . I have reset , tried changing the coordinates (it will let me change the airport not the coordinates) to no avail .

Any ideas ?

Guy C .

Hi. Have you looked up the coordinates on Google to see exactly where you should be?

Good luck with the trip, I've done it myself. If I remember it took longer than 80 days.

Hi. Have you looked up the coordinates on Google to see exactly where you should be?

Good luck with the trip, I've done it myself. If I remember it took longer than 80 days.

Yes , in FSX , it shows my aircraft at NGFU . But  FMC shows me at Rotuma . I'd post screenshots of the discrepancy but for some reason I'm not able to in here .

My trip has been a lot of fun so far . KAVL S through Florida and the Caribbean , down through the Windwards to Brazil . A long flight to Liberia , across Africa to the Seychelles . Up to Sri Lanka then across to Indonesia , down through Indonesia then to Darwin Australia . A circuitous route along the coast of Oz to Perth and Melbourne . Down to Tasmania , then up to Sydney and across to NZ . Up to Fiji and all the way out to Tahiti , now NW to Philippines . A strange route but interesting . Dodging storms and exercising that boot switch since 12/4/15 when I started this ..  XD .

Yes , in FSX , it shows my aircraft at NGFU . But  FMC shows me at Rotuma . I'd post screenshots of the discrepancy but for some reason I'm not able to in here .

My trip has been a lot of fun so far . KAVL S through Florida and the Caribbean , down through the Windwards to Brazil . A long flight to Liberia , across Africa to the Seychelles . Up to Sri Lanka then across to Indonesia , down through Indonesia then to Darwin Australia . A circuitous route along the coast of Oz to Perth and Melbourne . Down to Tasmania , then up to Sydney and across to NZ . Up to Fiji and all the way out to Tahiti , now NW to Philippines . A strange route but interesting . Dodging storms and exercising that boot switch since 12/4/15 when I started this ..  XD .

I tried to replicate your problem but it seems ok for me. Sorry not sure what it could be.

Nice flight you are doing. Started mine in the UK and flew East. Across Europe and Russia. Into Alaska, then across Canada and to Iceland. Back home to EGNX. My next long haul will be the southern hemisphere.