Sign in to follow this  
ILive2Fly

Quick question about Mindstar G1000 Software

Hello,

I'm in the process of building a G1000 cockpit to continue my IFR training.  I plan on implementing most of the buttons and knobs using LUA and an Arduino.

My question is if the G1000 software from Mindstar is supported using WideFS.

I couldn't seem to find exactly my answer using the Search function so I apologize if this question has already been answered.

For what it's worth, I'm planning on using P3Dv3 with this.

thanks!

Do you mean, can the G1000 operate outside of the sim?? I'm really not following.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Sorry for the confusion, 

My plan is to have one PC providing the visuals and acting as the WideFS server.  The second PC would be the WideFS client running the Mindstar G1000 software.

Hopefully that clears things up.

Right... so two copies of the sim running on separate computers, correct?

If so... then the G1000 is simply a guage... it reads all data from the sim. If the data's invalid... then it is what it is. I am not conversant with regards to using WideFS so I don't know how accurate data is between two sims.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

. I'm trying to achieve the same thing, mean running Mindstar over network with either FSX or P3D just wondering if it's possible

Cheers

Yair  

Look, it just reads the values from the sim. It's a gauge, nothing more. It doesn't care about a network, it only knows the sim.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

...so the bottom line is that the apps is not network compatible, did I get it right ?????

Yair  

It's not an app, it's a gauge for use inside FSX/P3D. Is this really that difficult to understand? It only runs inside the flight sim, it does not run stand-alone.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69