Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Two PROATC-X Questions

It assigns gates according to what you  are flying, but you can change the assignments when you create the flight plan. 

Thanks Bob, well then i will just have to disable FS Captain parking option. Something that affects gates clearance is airport traffic. I remember when i had the traffic setting to 50% FS Captain would assign a parking rather than a gate.  I'm surprise that 10% of traffic looks very realistic with My Traffic X

I don't know whether ProATC assigns gates based on the codes in the scenery, but what you can definitely do when setting up your flightplan is select your preferred gate at the destination airport. ProATC will then send you to that gate and clear any AI that might otherwise be occupying it.

I think i did that before. I assign the gate when i was creating the flight plan,but then  since my traffic setting was too high another aircraft was at my gate. Sometime even 10% of traffic is a lot in mayor airport like JFK or LAX.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Thanks Bob, well then i will just have to disable FS Captain parking option. Something that affects gates clearance is airport traffic. I remember when i had the traffic setting to 50% FS Captain would assign a parking rather than a gate. I'm surprise that 10% of traffic looks very realistic with My Traffic X

There are 2 ways PROATC-X can assign a gate. One is you can force it to assign a specific gate. It does this with a DB list of gates created by MakeRnwy which you must keep updated to work. If an aircraft is already populating it it will clear it for you after you land. The other way is Auto mode. In this mode it will assign a gate based on size and airline, (If your plane is setup with ATC_PARKING_CODES. ) In this mode though, if none is available it will send you to parking. My experience so far, is it does it better then default AI/ATC. I usually use the specific gate method myself, works flawlessly.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

There are 2 ways PROATC-X can assign a gate. One is you can force it to assign a specific gate. It does this with a DB list of gates created by MakeRnwy which you must keep updated to work. If an aircraft is already populating it it will clear it for you after you land. The other way is Auto mode. In this mode it will assign a gate based on size and airline, (If your plane is setup with ATC_PARKING_CODES. ) In this mode though, if none is available it will send you to parking. My experience so far, is it does it better then default AI/ATC. I usually use the specific gate method myself, works flawlessly.

I usually let Pro ATC assign the gate, but if I fly to a certain airport many times, like my home base KATL, then I specify the gate to avoid long taxis after landing. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Thanks guys , i think i will try it My other concern was how i would be able to transfer my PFPX flight plan to ProATC X , i found a good video on youtube showing how to.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Thanks guys , i think i will try it My other concern was how i would be able to transfer my PFPX flight plan to ProATC X , i found a good video on youtube showing how to.

The easiest way would be export it to FS Flightplan format, which you can then import into PROATC-X.. You can also just copy and paste the text of the route into it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

How does this play with AI traffic? I've been frustrated with default ATC assigning "wrong" runways and not being able to use SID/STARs in conjunction with ATC and AI traffic. I think I read somewhere that AI is still dependent on default ATC?

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Alexander,

ProATC considers, but does not control, AI at this point. I believe that is being worked on. If you want AI to follow procedures, consider this addon:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/462339-ai-controller-14-sid-jet-route-star-and-final-approach-new-beta/page-64#entry3362144

ProATC has an option to assign the same runway(s) being used by AI.

Alexander,

ProATC considers, but does not control, AI at this point. I believe that is being worked on. If you want AI to follow procedures, consider this addon:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/462339-ai-controller-14-sid-jet-route-star-and-final-approach-new-beta/page-64#entry3362144

If you select in the menu to allow Pro ATC to communicate with AI, it will stop AI planes that are taxiing , to let you go by when you are taxiing. In flight, it keeps AI aircraft away from colliding with your aircraft. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If you select in the menu to allow Pro ATC to communicate with AI, it will stop AI planes that are taxiing , to let you go by when you are taxiing. In flight, it keeps AI aircraft away from colliding with your aircraft.

Thanks. Don't AI stop whether ProATC is functional or not? Not dissing your response and I will certainly activate the option.

I would love to see an ATC SHOOTOUT!

g4t1hyG.jpg

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Alexander,

Thanks for your response Graham. I have looked into the AI SIDSTAR Controller before but I thought that it was only for use at certain airports, however, I see now that there also is a more generic approach for other airports which looks certainly interesting!

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

I decided to give it a shot, unfortunately I couldn't get a flight off the ground.  First attempt was at KMDW, where I constantly got a "affirm" loop after replying to my clearance delivery readback (even with all AI traffic turned off).  Second attempt was at CYZF (Yellowknife) where I kept asking for clearance but never got a response.  CYZF doesn't have a dedicated clearance delivery frequency...I sure hope that's not a broader issue, I fly out of a lot of airports without a dedicated CD frequency...

Edit: Hang on, just noticed that there's a button toggle to switch from FSX to P3D...perhaps that's a source of issues, will have to try it out again in the morning.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Edit: Hang on, just noticed that there's a button toggle to switch from FSX to P3D...perhaps that's a source of issues, will have to try it out again in the morning.

That surely will cause problems. Please visit the ProATC support forum and look up "Install FAQ"

There is a topic called "How the correctly install ProATC". The after install/configuration part starts with: "1) Choose sim version (FSX/P3D) and click save."

Pro ATC is wrongly re-directing my final approach every time!!  Try it!  Get Aerosoft KLAX.  Then use PMDG 737-800 and fly to to 24L using the FMC.  ProATC always makes me climb to 4000 and a heading of 40!!  EVERY TIME!!!!   I have tried literally everything for over 3 days and 20 flights with different variations! I'm done with Amateur ATC X!!!