Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

PFPX 170 PAX

If I have 170 PAX in PFPX is this classed as payload, or is it assumed that they don't have luggage?

Cargo is 0 at the moment.

Is each passenger is going to take 20KG in the hold, Which is about 3400KG. Assuming everyone takes 20KG and there are no kids aboard?

I have a TOTAL figure of 14790.

My assumed average weight of a european man and woman is about 75KG, (very ball park) X 170PAX 12,750. There are a few googled figures on human weights but take this with a pitch of salt.

In a nut shell I am not sure if luggage is included, it could be an extra 2000KG to 3400KG. What is a good figure for this?

EDIT I have found the 1870KG figure, in the planning section. Which sounds about right. Lower than expected.

My assumed average weight of a european man and woman is about 75KG, (very ball park) X 170PAX 12,750. There are a few googled figures on human weights but take this with a pitch of salt.

Each airline generally uses a different value. We even varied it for summer and winter due to extra clothing, and the tendency to pack on weight around the holidays (where people eat lots of big meals).

Either way, this is more of a question for the PFPX people. We didn't make that product.

Kyle Rodgers

PFPX does include baggage weight for each passenger; it also will adjust it based the type of flight selected (domestic, long haul, etc.). You can modify these weights in the PFPX settings.

Brian W

KPAE

PFPX does include baggage weight for each passenger; it also will adjust it based the type of flight selected (domestic, long haul, etc.). You can modify these weights in the PFPX settings.

From a coctpit perpective should cargo be 0, or should 1870KG be divided x 2 in the payload?  And I understand that the figures are a bit subjective.

In the payload section of the NGX just enter the ZFW PFPX gives you. Don’t worry about where the weight ends up.

Brian W

KPAE

From a coctpit perpective should cargo be 0, or should 1870KG be divided x 2 in the payload?  And I understand that the figures are a bit subjective.

CARGO is an entry reserved for whatever amount of cargo your'e carrying. This can be COMAT, mail, or the type of stuff FDX/UPS/DHL carry. Baggage is baggage, and not CARGO is most cases. Really, though, the program is a tool for you to use how you want to use it. You could count baggage as cargo if you really wanted to. You can put your final fuel remaining in the contingency box, too, if you wanted to. It isn't really a best practice, but you can.

Kyle Rodgers

Weight is weight... ZFW is the only number that matters in this context. The only time I need to know how many souls are on board is when I declare an emergency LOL.

Dan Downs KCRP

Weight is weight... ZFW is the only number that matters in this context. The only time I need to know how many souls are on board is when I declare an emergency LOL.

Sure that is fair enough..

Would random figures effect the flight dynamics?   IE would it fly the same no matter how the ZFW was resolved? 

Right, both weight and moment is important but i was speaking within the context of wordsmithing difference between people baggage and cargo.  The FSX Options Payload screen allows you to either enter a ZFW value which PMDG automatically assigns a CG (moment arm) that is within the envelope or you can tweak the numbers for different class pax and forward/rear cargo and see the CG value change. Your initial takeoff trim setting will change with the CG but as long as you're in the CG range the handling will be safe and predictable.

Dan Downs KCRP

Right, both weight and moment is important but i was speaking within the context of wordsmithing difference between people baggage and cargo.  The FSX Options Payload screen allows you to either enter a ZFW value which PMDG automatically assigns a CG (moment arm) that is within the envelope or you can tweak the numbers for different class pax and forward/rear cargo and see the CG value change. Your initial takeoff trim setting will change with the CG but as long as you're in the CG range the handling will be safe and predictable.

Ok Thanks.