Sign in to follow this  
h3pilot

Spike report

First of all, FANTASTIC mesh!  What a difference it has made.  :smile:

I hope I haven't missed an error reporting thread, but I wanted to report some spikes in an area that is probably seldom visited.

Aircraft is at S 51 20.52' W 073 03.93'.  Also note spikes visible in the distance behind the aircraft.

(Not visible in the screen shot, but visible from the location, are a couple spikes far to the north east, aircraft heading is 270 in image).

S51_20_52W72_03_93.jpg

Happy Flying!

Matt

First of all, FANTASTIC mesh!  What a difference it has made.  :smile:

I hope I haven't missed an error reporting thread, but I wanted to report some spikes in an area that is probably seldom visited.

Aircraft is at S 51 20.52' W 073 03.93'.  Also note spikes visible in the distance behind the aircraft.

(Not visible in the screen shot, but visible from the location, are a couple spikes far to the north east, aircraft heading is 270 in image).

That is amazing you've reported this, because I have just cleaned up this area for the upcoming 1.06 patch. The fix is on the way. I may send you an advanced copy sooner than later via PM before I get the official release out the door.

That is amazing you've reported this, because I have just cleaned up this area for the upcoming 1.06 patch. The fix is on the way.

Wow a fix already!  

Sorry to point out something you've already corrected.  I hope I reported it in the correct way though.

Finding these little errors must be a challenge.  Especially in obscure or remote areas, with few airports, where there are probably not many simmers flying around to even notice them.

I just installed the mesh a couple days ago and had snapped a few "before" screen shots in areas that I thought your mesh would improve.  The improvement is tremendous in areas like the Tierra del Fuego, where the default mesh LOD is low and the actual terrain has a lot of variation.  The higher LOD of your mesh really brings out the topography.  

Thank you so much for your work and for making FreeMeshX available to the community!

Happy Flying!

Matt

Wow a fix already!  

Sorry to point out something you've already corrected.  I hope I reported it in the correct way though.

Finding these little errors must be a challenge.  Especially in obscure or remote areas, with few airports, where there are probably not many simmers flying around to even notice them.

I just installed the mesh a couple days ago and had snapped a few "before" screen shots in areas that I thought your mesh would improve.  The improvement is tremendous in areas like the Tierra del Fuego, where the default mesh LOD is low and the actual terrain has a lot of variation.  The higher LOD of your mesh really brings out the topography.  

Thank you so much for your work and for making FreeMeshX available to the community!

You're welcome! That's exactly the kind of bug report I like. A screenshot and coordinates. Usually spikes are grouped together because some types of terrain are more conducive for errors than others. I had noticed these spikes shortly after the 1.05 patch, so I had just finished clearing them out.

South America benefits tremendously. The default mesh is just so low resolution, the mountains look like big mounds. I love seeing the mountains now and the subtle folds in hills.

A spike report from Central China - N3140 E10421. This is just west of DOREX intersection. Sorry about no

picture.

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

A spike report from Central China - N3140 E10421. This is just west of DOREX intersection. Sorry about no

picture.

blaustern

Well, if I find, then I'll gladly add a fix for 1.06. Thanks!

Well, if I find, then I'll gladly add a fix for 1.06. Thanks!

What do you need? I can go back and get more information.

blaustern

Nothing more at this point. Those coordinates should be enough to allow me to locate it. Spikes are fairly obvious to spot in a 20 mile radius :)

If I don't find it, I'll shoot a PM to you for more info.

Daniel,

Do you want one single spike report or would you prefer to have several reported at one time.

An example is the Hi Van Pass East of Da Nang. Your work finally fixed it, thank you. There is a single spike in the area. I can wait and provide a picture when and if I find a group.

I really appreciate your work and want to help in some small way. I do understand the time spent since I am constantly

updating and adding freeware scenery to AVSIM.

The change in the mountains is amazing. Thanks. :-))

blaustern

I have had only cursory checks of Southeast Asia, so I would be very much grateful if you could submit any reports at all!

And thanks for the kindest words!

Daniel,

I checked SE Asia fairly close and couldn't find anything. It looked pretty good.

Is there any place else that needs checking?

blaustern

Daniel,

I checked SE Asia fairly close and couldn't find anything. It looked pretty good.

Is there any place else that needs checking?

blaustern

Thanks! I think east of the Andes deep within the Amazon hasn't gotten a fair look either. Somewhere like the Amazonas region.

Daniel,

I gave the Amazonas a pretty good look and it seemed ok. 

blaustern

Thank you very much, in advance of 1.06 ------ couldn't resist giving thanks, respect very much what NineTwo is doing here. I know I'm not the only one. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's