Sign in to follow this  
joolsd

Oculus DK 2 in P3D V3

Yes, it definitely takes a bit of messing around. Such is the nature of a development kit, I suppose. That said, I didn't have too much trouble installing it on my Windows 10 machine. v0.8 is the latest one, which is what I'm using, and it works fine with FlyInside. I installed both the runtime and the SDK. Since FlyInside is technically in beta as well, it might require the latest Oculus software (0.8), though I'm just guessing. Let me know if you have any questions about getting it working.

Yes, it definitely takes a bit of messing around. Such is the nature of a development kit, I suppose. That said, I didn't have too much trouble installing it on my Windows 10 machine. v0.8 is the latest one, which is what I'm using, and it works fine with FlyInside. I installed both the runtime and the SDK. Since FlyInside is technically in beta as well, it might require the latest Oculus software (0.8), though I'm just guessing. Let me know if you have any questions about getting it working.

I noticed there was a 0.8, but it was a beta. It wasn't a exe. How do you install this? So I wasn't too sure how to use it. It was just another bunch of files.

Also I am not sure if you are meant to use any NVIDEA VR support drivers.?

Do the Tuscany Demos work with 0.8?

Yes, the Tuscany demo works with 0.8. I don't have nVidia cards on that machine, so I'm not sure about those VR support drivers. I'm guessing it wouldn't hurt to install them, but you might want to try to get it working without them first, and instal them if t's still not working.

There are two 0.8 downloads - the Oculus runtime, which is an executable to install, and the SDK, which is a zip file that contains various things (including the Tuscany demo, if I recall). Once you install the runtime, you should see an Oculus icon in your systray by the clock. That should let you bring up the control panel where you can verify that it's picking up your connected DK2. As long as it's showing up in there, FlyInside should be able to see it.

Yes, the Tuscany demo works with 0.8. I don't have nVidia cards on that machine, so I'm not sure about those VR support drivers. I'm guessing it wouldn't hurt to install them, but you might want to try to get it working without them first, and instal them if t's still not working.

There are two 0.8 downloads - the Oculus runtime, which is an executable to install, and the SDK, which is a zip file that contains various things (including the Tuscany demo, if I recall). Once you install the runtime, you should see an Oculus icon in your systray by the clock. That should let you bring up the control panel where you can verify that it's picking up your connected DK2. As long as it's showing up in there, FlyInside should be able to see it.

OK I have found the exe, might just give it another shot.