Sign in to follow this  
scottypub

Terminal missing

Hi all. I have an annoying problem and it only occurs sometimes. When I take off all the buildings terminals jetways hangers are there however sometimes when I land the hangers and buildings and jetways are there but no terminals. All I have is the jetways in a blank tarmac. I have all sliders pretty low and I am still at 35+ frame rates when I land. However if I refresh the scenery all the terminals appear. I5 16g 3.2 gtx660 running active sky next and Rex 4. Help. Thanks. Scotty

You need to adjust the scenery complexity slider setting.  The more to the right, the more buildings and objects (at the expense of performance).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim. I have the scenery complexity all the way to the right and autogen at normal. I mean the terminals are there when I take off but gone when I land. This however only occurs sometimes?? It happens with different planes and different airports. I don't get it

You are not indicating what flight simulator you are using but I assume FSX (I am moving this topic to the FSX Forum anyway).  If you have FSX w/DX10 Preview enabled, you may get this if you installed legacy products from FS9 and earlier flight simulators.   The textures in these products are not compatible with DX10 but, Flight One has a program called Addon Converter X which converts these textures on the fly for you.  It does not permanently convert the textures but just for your flight session.  They have a demo that works for 20 minutes or so.  That way you can see if this fixes your problem.

I see you are a new member and we appreciate your questions.  Just just posted in the wrong forum but that's okay as this is why we have moderators like me to correct.  I think you will get better help from our members who visit the FSX forums.  We also have a DX10 forum too if that's what you are using. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You say when you are leaving an airport the buildings are OK.  That would mean you are on the ground looking at

them.  When you are landing, assuming you are still up in the air a bit, you are looking at the buildings from a different

angle causing them to disappear.  Do they reappear when you are on the ground taxiing?

Try a quick experiment.  Before taking off, go to an outside view like Locked Spot and change the view angle

so you are higher than your aircraft.  Do the buildings disappear?  It happens!  I've seen it at different

airports both default and some addons.  Some of the developers were a little thin on their

building textures.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

All is fine in every view when I take off. However when I land sometimes and only some times just the jetways are on the tarmac and no terminal. However the tower is there.. The hangers are there. Just the buildings attached to the jetways are gone in all views. It's weird that it doesn't happen all the time only sometimes. It happens with all different aircraft and different airports. I am not using dx10 and I am using fsx with all packs. Asn. Rex4. And my drivers are all up to date. I5 16gig 3.2 gtx660

I still think it is your scenery complexity settings.  In the scenery objects settings, max all of those sliders.  You state it happens with all different aircraft and different airports.  Please name one or two of the airports.  Are they the default or addons?  Your description "just the buildings attached to the jetways are gone in all views" fits the description of many of the addon airport scenery programs like FSDT/FlightBeam.  If the security software cannot communicate with the Internet or did not load properly, the hangars and the airport will be gone with just the jetways showing.  I go to the Addon Menu and click on Couatl and then restart Couatl whenever this happens.  The hangars/airport show up again.  If that's not possible or does not work, then you have to download the latest Addon Manager from the FSDT website and install it (or reinstall just one of their airports).  If your addon product is not properly activated, the airport will lose all of its buildings.  This might even include static aircraft at the airport.  So, if you have FSDT airports, go into the Addon Manager and make sure the airport you are having an issue has been activated with license key properly entered.  FSDT/FlightBeam airports will show up for 10 minutes at a time so you can test the product on your system before purchasing.  After 10 minutes, everything goes away.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim again for being so helpful. I do not have any add on airports nor have i loaded any airport graphics other than what comes in default in fsx. My scenery complexity is all the way to the right and I keep autogen to normal. I flew yesterday in a default a321 from Kmke to kdtw with ceiling at 2500 and landed at Detroit and the terminal buildings were gone and just the jetways were visible bare on the tarmac but the tower and runways were all there. I the refreshed my scenery and everything appeared just fine. Today I made the same flight in the same plane and landed and everything was there just fine. I fly 2d panel only. Does the zoom in 2d cockpit have anything to do with it? I almost always fly at 35 zoom in 2d cockpit because it looks the most realistic to me. I have been a simmer for four years and have logged 10,000 hours and this just recently started happening but like I said only on a random basis. I didn't change anything between the two flights. I just don't get it. Thanks again. Scotty

I almost always fly at 35 zoom in 2d cockpit because it looks the most realistic to me.

Does this happen at other zoom levels like 70 or 80, or even the default 1.0? Try testing a flight at a zoom level around 80 and see if it still does it.

I have been a simmer for four years and have logged 10,000 hours and this just recently started happening.

Well, if you have that many hours on the same installation and it just started happening then you'll need to think about any changes you might have made to FSX, your video card drivers, updates to the operating system, etc. If things have been working that long they can't just stop working unless a change has been made that has caused the problem, so this will be something for you to think about.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If this helps, my problem with the scenery disappearing happens only when flying the PMDG and Aerosoft aircraft.  It has not happened when flying FSX default aircraft.   I think these aircraft use a lot of memory and towards the end of the flight objects start disappearing because of a lack of memory.  This is only a guess though.  If it is a memory issue, could it be solved with a better graphics card?  My current card is an NVIDIA GeForce 750Ti with 2GB.    My other system specs are: i7 @4.0 ghz and 16 GB of RAM.

I hope this was helpful in trying to solve this problem.

• Upvote 1

If this helps, my problem with the scenery disappearing happens only when flying the PMDG and Aerosoft aircraft. It has not happened when flying FSX default aircraft. I think these aircraft use a lot of memory and towards the end of the flight objects start disappearing because of a lack of memory. This is only a guess though. If it is a memory issue, could it be solved with a better graphics card? My current card is an NVIDIA GeForce 750Ti with 2GB. My other system specs are: i7 @4.0 ghz and 16 GB of RAM.

I hope this was helpful in trying to solve this problem.

It's not a memory issue or the sim would crash if you were out of memory. I flew the NGX on Windows XP 32 bit with 2GB of RAM and a gpu with 512 MB of ram for years and never had buildings disappear because of low memory.

Are you talking about default airports or addon airports?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator