Sign in to follow this  
kekelekou

All sounds but radio voice muted after using ATC window

Hello !

I have been experiencing a kind of weird sound glitch for 10 days or so.

Everything is OK until I use the ATC window and the radio. The ambient noises are (almost) muted, the voice on the radio is the only thing I can hear. No noise for some 30 sec / 1 minute while the sim runs perfectly fine except that, then all sounds come back as if nothing had ever happened!

I am totally puzzled by this one : I have changed nothing in my config!

If anyone has the slightest idea of what is going on, I’d appreciate it a lot!

Thanks in advance.

Here is the [sound] bit from my fsx.cfg

[sOUND]
AmbientUI=0
AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000
PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
SOUND=1
SOUND_LOD=1
SOUND_QUALITY=2
UISound=1
VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}
SOUND_FADER1=0.500000
SOUND_FADER2=0.500000
SOUND_FADER3=0.500000
SOUND_FADER4=0.500000
AmbientUIMusic=FSX01

You can check this out as a possibility:  go to your Sound card/Speaker icon in Windows and then to Playback Devices.   Click on the Communications Tab and make sure Do Nothing is checked.   Even though the narrative for this is for something else, it seems to fix this type of problem. 

• Upvote 1

Just thought i need to say this didnt solve it for me.... But i did find the problem and an easy fix after hours of searching old forums etc that didnt help.

So if you have settings in fsx sound set to 2 different devices and the background sound is completely muted for up to a minute when using atc in fsx, you probably have a confliction of sound devices. For example, i had 1 usb headset and all other sounds set via a usb external sound box that were both plugged into the same 4 port usb card. Adter relocating the box to the pc front usb.... Presto!

Hope this helps.