Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9 EVO2015/16 U.T.---Meigs Field, Chicago at night, waterfront and cityscape

I think, personally, that theses scenes are the best night light 3D lights rendition, of any sim I own out there.  EVO2015/16 and U.T. for FS9, is simply one fantastic combination to make you feel you are really seeing the human density of habitation, in the Greater Chicago Area.  This actually beats anything else I own...P3D, FSX, XPX.  Sashca's embedded 3d night lights within the scenery graphics has absolutely no impact on my obtaining 29.9 out of a locked 30 FPS.

Any of these views would have produced that reading had I wanted to spoil the scene with the left hand red FPS readout.  I simply didn't..but if anybody wants me to post some with the FPS figure showing...just let me know.  

Left click the pics to bring up the night detail, if you wish.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

meigs1.png

meigs2.png

meigs3.png

meigs4.png

meigs5.png

meigs6.png

meigs7.png

meigs8.png

meigs9.png

meigs10.png

meigs12.png

meigs14.png

meigs15.png

meigs16.png

meigs17.png

meigs18.png

meigs20.png

Chicago Meigs at DAWN...

meigdawn6.png

meigsdawn1.png

meigsdawn2.png

meigsdawn3.png

meigsdawn4.png

meigsdawn5.png

meigsdawn7.png

meigsdawn8.png

meigsdawn9.png

If you look just below my right wing, you will see the shadow of three or four large swells, that Sascha has been able to create with his new water textures for the 2016 updates. With FS9 animation on...they actually do swell and travel.  Well done, Sascha! Well done to pull this out of FS9's water engine.  :dance:
morningmeigs.png

On final...

final1.png

final2.png

final3.png

final4.png

final5.png

....and to park.  "Chicago, Chicago, my kinda town...".... :Whistle:

topark1.png

topark2.png

topark3.png

Well, I picked up ORBX's new Meigs, and really like it...looks great.  I also think FS9 with EVO and UT, also addresses the location.  The new ORBX Meigs, really does help the default P3D and FSX in the area...that's for sure.  FS9, P3D, and FSX all look Chicago Intense, and ready for a Blues Run!

Cheers,

Ses

Ahh, the FS9Evo night lighting...

And your "dawn" set looks like from one of these foto books for us Europeans to admire the far USA. So beautiful.

If we only could find out why some of us have this massive FPS drop, some of us not...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Ahh, the FS9Evo night lighting...

And your "dawn" set looks like from one of these foto books for us Europeans to admire the far USA. So beautiful.

If we only could find out why some of us have this massive FPS drop, some of us not...

...and about some having the massive FPS drop as you mention, ...I don't have a clue why that is happening to some.  Could it be a CPU/GPU 'heat' issue happening?  All of these scenes were at 29.8/9 out of 30 locked.  The one thing I do do, is ramp up my whole system fans, to what I have called, 'Game' levels, 25 percent speed increase, from the nominal default of 8 percent.  I do that on all my flight simulation flights, before firing up any particular sim.

Can you ramp up your system cooling in any way before a flight?  I truly believe that extra system cooling helps....

Cheers,

Ses

Mitch I really love the pink dawn moods! Btw, are you using airport texture updates?

Mitch I really love the pink dawn moods! Btw, are you using airport texture updates?

The only thing I have NOT installed from the update folder(s), are clouds, Sascha.  I use another program for those.  Your airport textures are in... :)

Mitch

Mitch, did you go and get the new REX soft clouds? I have REX - don't know which version, it's been some time - and I was thinking of jumping in.

Mitch, did you go and get the new REX soft clouds? I have REX - don't know which version, it's been some time - and I was thinking of jumping in.

Nope...I find the cloud sets in REX2004 Extreme are just fine for the job...very happy with the package in fact. :)

...and about some having the massive FPS drop as you mention, ...I don't have a clue why that is happening to some.  Could it be a CPU/GPU 'heat' issue happening?  All of these scenes were at 29.8/9 out of 30 locked.  The one thing I do do, is ramp up my whole system fans, to what I have called, 'Game' levels, 25 percent speed increase, from the nominal default of 8 percent.  I do that on all my flight simulation flights, before firing up any particular sim.

Can you ramp up your system cooling in any way before a flight?  I truly believe that extra system cooling helps....

Cheers,

Ses

Mitch,

I really doubt if this is the solution. I recently cleaned my coolers; my core temp never exceeds 40°C. I often did tests with several scenery configurations, with the result that I have excellent FPS - as long as I don't activate the 3D light library. And I'm not the only one. There must be another reason, my GPU or my RAM... However, Evo is great without lights, too.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Mitch,

I really doubt if this is the solution. I recently cleaned my coolers; my core temp never exceeds 40°C. I often did tests with several scenery configurations, with the result that I have excellent FPS - as long as I don't activate the 3D light library. And I'm not the only one. There must be another reason, my GPU or my RAM... However, Evo is great without lights, too.

Harald, EVO sure is...day or night..yeppers,  but those lights, the way that Sascha has interleaved  the size, color and placement, (IMHO) really makes them stand out for Human Density, over anything else I have.  Don't get me wrong...and i hope that nobody else does either, all of the night lights from the likes of Orbx, XPX, U.T. add immeasurably to the 'feel' or reality, but the way that the night lights are staged in EVO2015/FS9, really gives me (personally of course), a deeper illusion that the world down there, is bustling with habitation.  It is just er...the 'look', especially around high density areas, like Chicago, Los  Angeles, cities in South America.  The greatest 'technical'  illusion, is still of course hand's down, with XP's night lights with the HDR feature turned on, as you see also, a 3D real-world effect in shadows, and reflective surfaces...the way the lights bathes the surfaces, be that roads, or the side of buildings, or other plane bodies themselves.

That being said, EVO has a...a....'warmth' to the view.  It's of course, all most personally subjective...but I would have to vote, that it is EVO's 'night life' (for myself) that brings out the 'modernity' of FS9, right up there with anything else coded in the last 12 years. All other times of day, are most excellent, but head into Dusk, Night, or Dawn...and WOWZER!  FS9/EVO2015/16 is right up there with anything else, oh yeah!

Getting back to your EVO FPS issue...I also always run in H.T. mode, and in any sim that allows for it, with a H.T. tweak (Affinity .cfg setting) as well.  I'm just trying to think of what I have in an overall system environment (other than obviously that I have a different motherboard, memory boards, CPU, and GPU) than what you run.

Harald, do you run in H.T.?  If not...perhaps try that as well. I also have my memory modules in aggressive timing, through the BIOS settings.  I would suggest that you also get into your BIOS, and see what features there are....that might contribute to a hotter set-up...CPU...Memory Modules, etc...to help with your final FS9/EVO boost.  EVO without the 'night' life, is like my morning without that second cup of coffee...and that could become an international incident if denied me!!!....LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Cheers,

Mitch 

Mitch, how do you set H.T. mode?

Go into your BIOS page, Sascha, and if you have the option..it will be there. H.T. (Hyper Threading).  It is there where this feature of the CPU is turned off or on.  BTW, your CPU has to support this feature, FYI.

On my system, my 4 core i7-975 Extreme CPU, shows up as 8 virtual cores. I also have an Affinity setting for both FSX and P3D for this as well.  I have always had stellar results, and no over-heating with my 4.1 GHz CPU overclock in this matter.

Hm, AMD CPUs do not support hyperthreading... and I do have an AMD CPU  :sad:

By the way Mitch, have you activated scenery shadows?

Almost by accident I found out that unchecking scenery shadows in the Options - Settings - Display menue brings my FPS back at daytime. At night there's no difference, but night had always better FPS than day and thus never was that problem in my case. Perhaps this finding helps solve the problem.

Sascha, what did you recommend regarding scenery shadows?

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hm, AMD CPUs do not support hyperthreading... and I do have an AMD CPU  :sad:

By the way Mitch, have you activated scenery shadows?

Almost by accident I found out that unchecking scenery shadows in the Options - Settings - Display menue brings my FPS back at daytime. At night there's no difference, but night had always better FPS than day and thus never was that problem in my case. Perhaps this finding helps solve the problem.

Sascha, what did you recommend regarding scenery shadows?

Hi Harald, I have never run with scenery shadows in FS9.  I prefer without them. I do have aircraft shadows, though.  Always had.

O.K., then the case is clear: Without scenery shadows my FPS improve massively, too.

I prefer scenery shadows, though...

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg