Sign in to follow this  
bigsky10

Add-on paints

I had the old Carenado C90 and was wondering if the add-on paints from this aircraft will work on the C90GTX King Air FSX.  I have put in Bert's MOD for the GTN750 and have been having fun flying it around.  Personally I am not a big fan of the Pro Line 21 and the FMS.

Thanks

Bigsky10

I had the old Carenado C90 and was wondering if the add-on paints from this aircraft will work on the C90GTX King Air FSX.  I have put in Bert's MOD for the GTN750 and have been having fun flying it around.  Personally I am not a big fan of the Pro Line 21 and the FMS.

Thanks

Bigsky10

I don't know if the old repaints will work with the C90 GTX, but you can always try. You won't break anything.

The nacelles are shaped differently and the GTx has wiglets. You will have to modify your old C90 paints to accommodate these changes. The old C90 is in BMP and the C90GTx is DDS. So you don't have mixed formats on the airplane (there is a common folder) you should convert the BMPs to DDS.

Thanks for the info.  I knew the winglets would be a problem.  I am sure down the road somebody will do some paints.

Probably not T.  Carenado is notorious for making their planes difficult to paint.  The parts are all over the place!  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In addition to Mario's paint above, I see that Anthony Oakland has done a half-dozen or all.

Any others out there? 

I have two USA regs....  they're basically a mod of the default one but with a few cool added features.  Not sure where they came from ...maybe flightsim.com

If you can't find them let me know I'll send them to anyone.

N268GS.jpg

N279BC.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I wanted to have a T-44C Proline 21 equipped USN trainer and though the Navy has the "steam" gauges for engine and ITT info, I am using the Carenado C90GTX.  I found the repaint done for the C90B (T-44A) and at first thought that the CNA's and the CACNGTE_EXE's were identical and just needed to rename them in DXTBMP.  Not so!  So after a few hours work and comparisons I was able to convert all the textures and got a very creditable T-44C (IMHO) again or so I thought.  There is one area missing textures, the tail strike plates. I wrote to Carenado Support because THEY are the guys who created the model and that in my limited knowledge I believe is the problem.  I compared the CNA1 and CACNGTE_EXE_1 textures and they are absolutely identical though 5 and 6 was where all the work had to be done for conversion.  "We don't support repaints or modifications" was their repy though courteous and quickly forthcoming and recommended me to here where I have "lurked" many times LOL before. Here is the jpg I sent to them:

T44C%20Pegasus%20from%20the%20Carenado%2

I opened up the model in ModelMakerX to see if I could see anything but it opens up without textures so there was no way for me to see what was missing.  I know its a small thing and I will live with it if nobody knows why.  I have both the C90 and the C90GTX so if I feel ambitious I may reload both of them and then compare them myself.  More here later.

I thank you for the info.  I am back at this after a while and just saw your reply.  Apologies for not replying right away.  I like SOH's forum that as soon s there are any replies I get an immediate email.  But not here that I am aware of so I will resurrect the repaint and fix those missing plates.

EDIT:  Just found where at the top under "Following" I can subscribe to get an email.

Hope you are still following, any updates to this repaint port over to the GTx? I typically fly military/government based paints and also wanted to do a sort of T-44C since the TC-12s are gone.