Sign in to follow this  
G MIDY

FSLabs Concorde Released

Great to see more quality add ons for Flight Sim platforms guys, for those wishing to see a review, we will reach out to the FSL team and see if we can organise one.

There is certainly a great deal of interest in this iconic aircraft.

Hmm.. sitting with the tutorial but am stuck already at aligning the INS. It counts down from nine, then stops at six and nothing more happens... Anyone else experiencing this?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Hmm.. sitting with the tutorial but am stuck already at aligning the INS. It counts down from nine, then stops at six and nothing more happens... Anyone else experiencing this?

They some times don't align from the starting panel state, its better to turn all units off then turn to Standby and start over.

Also there is a quick align feature.  There is a clickspot bottom right just above the card unit where you will see two boxes pop up.  Left click to set the current GPS position and then right click to quick align.  Move the dial from Standard to Align (remember to click first before rotating as the knob needs to be pulled up first).  they should go green in about 10 seconds.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

They some times don't align from the starting panel state, its better to turn all units off then turn to Standby and start over.

Also there is a quick align feature.  There is a clickspot bottom right just above the card unit where you will see two boxes pop up.  Left click to set the current GPS position and then right click to quick align.  Move the dial from Standard to Align (remember to click first before rotating as the knob needs to be pulled up first).  they should go green in about 10 seconds.

Thanks, will try this again (already did once, but it was the same).

EDIT: Fourth time was successful.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

A user named Wauzi4 has posted a fix to a number of problems that surfaced with ConcordeX and FSX Steam Edition.  This will fix the problem of SHIFT+Z not working, it will fix the problem of the left CTRL not bringing up the menu bar properly and it will fix all of the EZDok problems as well.  I have copied and pasted below.

You need to turn off the Steam Overlay (Thats the "social network" overlay for Steam that you can open ingame via SHIFT+TAB). It seems there is a strange conflict between the shortcuts. I tried to delete all FSLabs shortcuts but without success.

1. On the upper left at Steam click on the dropdown menu "Steam" and select "Settings".

2. On the left column select "In Game" (or somethings thats sounds like it. I use the german version of Steam so I don't know this exactly).

3. Untick the upper checkbox "Enable Steam Overlay In-Game".

4. Now restart Steam (not only click on the X! Your need to go to the taskbar, make a right click on the Steam logo and close it.) If you are not sure, if you closed it correctly you can restart your entire system.

5. Now it should work. Have fun flying Mach 2! biggrin.png

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Sorry to hijack this thread mainly for a FSX question but now as the VAS footprint has been reduced, is it possible to fly this aircraft with a triple monitor setup, ASN, payware airports and traffic without running into issues? How is VAS compared to the PMDG 777?

The recommended screen resolution for ConcordeX is 1920x1080. Users with triple monitors have experienced OOMs when the VC is spread across multiple displays. The VC display itself is not responsible but the many 2D panels that scale up and consume all memory in a short time.

VAS usage has been increased by 350Mb or thereabouts. It's now possible to fly Heathrow to JFK with 3rd party airports and not run out of VAS.

Don't have the 777 so can't compare except in flight time. 777 = 9hrs. Concorde = 3hr 20m. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I would expect P3D v3 to be the best simulator for Concorde X as far as OOM problems are concerned. The VAS management is vastly superior to FSX (even in DX10 mode) or P3D v2.x.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris,

Quite possibly but I have yet to run out of memory on any of my flights. In fact available VAS has never dropped below 400Mb and when it did it soon recovered.

KMCO is one of my more hungry airports but VAS has now recovered and I have 1665Mb available enroute to MMMX.

All this with FSX:SP2. Plenty of life in the old dog! :smile: That's the sim and me.  :wink: 

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I would expect P3D v3 to be the best simulator for Concorde X as far as OOM problems are concerned. The VAS management is vastly superior to FSX (even in DX10 mode) or P3D v2.x.

Actually FSX-SE is fine in this regard as well as it also dumps used memory and opens up VAS.  I can fly ConcordeX from UK2000 EGLL to FSDT KJFK with ORBX Global, Vector and LC, REX Clouds, on Vatsim, MyTrafficX, FreeMesh and land with tons of VAS, never had an OOM in the latest version of Steam.

Mark W   CYYZ      

The recommended screen resolution for ConcordeX is 1920x1080. Users with triple monitors have experienced OOMs when the VC is spread across multiple displays. The VC display itself is not responsible but the many 2D panels that scale up and consume all memory in a short time.

VAS usage has been increased by 350Mb or thereabouts. It's now possible to fly Heathrow to JFK with 3rd party airports and not run out of VAS.

Don't have the 777 so can't compare except in flight time. 777 = 9hrs. Concorde = 3hr 20m. :wink:

Now that's bad news for me as I only fly with nvidia surround :/ the PMDG planes work fine with that setup, not getting any OOMS even when landing at FlyTampas YSSY with GSX, MyTraffic 6 and Fs2Crew etc.

It would be great to have a comparison of both aircraft VAS though so I can calculate for myself if it'd be worth it or not. I suppose there is no demo or another way to test the Concorde X before buying?

Quite possibly but I have yet to run out of memory on any of my flights. In fact available VAS has never dropped below 400Mb and when it did it soon recovered.

I always thought it was strange that some people had no problems with OOMs in FSX, and yet I (and many others) had real difficulties with this issue. I had the same problems with P3D v2.3/2.4, which is why I was really keen to upgrade to P3D v3. I can honestly say that it was the best decision of my FS career :wink: FSX was terrible at releasing VAS on my i5 2500k powered PC, and P3D v2.x wasn't much better on my current i5 4690k system. However, I have only heard the FSUIPC "dings" once in all the time that I have been using P3D v3, and even those stopped after a few seconds (indicating that the simulator was doing a good job of releasing data that was no longer required).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I always thought it was strange that some people had no problems with OOMs in FSX, and yet I (and many others) had real difficulties with this issue. I had the same problems with P3D v2.3/2.4, which is why I was really keen to upgrade to P3D v3. I can honestly say that it was the best decision of my FS career :wink: FSX was terrible at releasing VAS on my i5 2500k powered PC, and P3D v2.x wasn't much better on my current i5 4690k system. However, I have only heard the FSUIPC "dings" once in all the time that I have been using P3D v3, and even those stopped after a few seconds (indicating that the simulator was doing a good job of releasing data that was no longer required).

Never had an OOM with V2.5 or V3 with an i5. Have had some CTDs with V 3.1 but they have seem to have fixed themselves.   

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Now that's bad news for me as I only fly with nvidia surround :/ the PMDG planes work fine with that setup, not getting any OOMS even when landing at FlyTampas YSSY with GSX, MyTraffic 6 and Fs2Crew etc.

It would be great to have a comparison of both aircraft VAS though so I can calculate for myself if it'd be worth it or not. I suppose there is no demo or another way to test the Concorde X before buying?

Regarding VAS usage...  Remember the T7 has NO 2D panels and only a VC, whereas the Concorde-X has many, many 2D panels and a VC... So to perform a VAS comparison is comparing oranges to apples. 

It's all to do with the settings of course. Autogen is at Normal and Scenery Complexity is Dense. When you're supersonic over water no need for those to be high. Over land workload is high so no time for enjoying the view.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather