Sign in to follow this  
G MIDY

FSLabs Concorde Released

Can you link it please, Elaine? Thanks.

Don't  know  if  this is the one  but  you   could  just simply  google  

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Peter,

That isn't the one by Ramon. I've been searching for his on YouTube for a few days but it still isn't showing. Ramon reckons it may be delayed because of indexing by YouTube.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I could have answered a couple of days ago - but other things are going on!

• Upvote 1

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I was searching using his name and it wasn't being displayed. Strange. Anyway, got it now, thanks.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

could just simply google

Not as clever as you, unfortunately, and my query was directly addressed to Elaine.

Ok, did some more testing of this today and have some more info to report.

In my tests yesterday that I posted, I was starting both scenarios in a 1920x1080 sized window.  Today, I loaded the same Concorde-X situation in a full screen (no stretching =0 in cfg) 3440x1440 window and VAS was immediately similar to the "stretched=1" setting, and the 2D panels were obnoxiously big and already "stretched" if that makes sense.

So, the key to saving the VAS using the panel stretch =0 trick is to initially load the sim in a 1920x1080 window, and then once your preferred Concorde-X situation or flight is loaded and started, resize the window to whatever you like.  When doing it this way, I can run the sim at 3440x1440 with essentially the same VAS usage as 1920x1080 because the memory hungry 2D panels are still the 1920x1080 size if that makes sense.

As a bonus, they actually look much better at the 1920x1080 non-stretched size even while running the sim at 3440x1440.

Still a fantastic discovery by Duke, just make sure you load the flight initially in a window around the recommended 1920x1080 size then size up window to larger with minimal VAS increase that I can tell up to 3440x1440.  Higher might be fine too, but that's my monitor size.

Yes been trying this approach launch in 1920x1440 then open some panel as long stretched=0 is on can expand screen to triple monitor and save file. VAS savings remain . To shave a little bit more directly load in to the save file . Create a shortcut to your save file and untick launch with scenario creator . All a bit of a pain but I have over a gig of vas at aerosoft heathrow at startup now on a triple monitor. Now must try to learn how to fly it instead of playing with vas . Thought those days where over with V3.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Elaine.

Yes that's it Rick,  its a pretty in depth Tutorial,  Loads of buttons to play with  :smile:

Yes that's it Rick,  its a pretty in depth Tutorial,  Loads of buttons to play with  :smile:

I'm none the wiser, Elaine, which in-depth Tutorial you are referring to.

Rick,

They're difficult to find because Ramon has not uploaded them using his name.

Here's the first.

For the fuller discussion go to FS Labs forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm none the wiser, Elaine, which in-depth Tutorial you are referring to.

Sorry Rick, on my phone now. The one I meant was just posted above this post by Ray

I am beginning to really love this aircraft! I had some issues with OOM at first, but after tuning down some settings, this problem seem to be solved. Sure, the VC is far from the more modern aircraft out there but I think it does the job ok. The 2d-panels are really nice, and I find myself more and more in the 2D cockpit in this aircraft. 

The workload is quite high in this bird, and I sometimes wonder if the VFE is drunk on his post. I think he needs to be tuned a bit (I often get warnings regarding CG). However I love the old-school way of navigating with the INS-systems. 

One part I like less is when I am on approach. Holding 190kts I can't see the runway in the VC. Needless to say when I set approach ref speed at 1500' above runway this gets even worse. The view from the 2D pit helps here, but I think it's too "wide-angle" and gives the impression that the landing is played on fast forward. Someone might have some tips/information regarding this... ?

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

One part I like less is when I am on approach. Holding 190kts I can't see the runway in the VC. Needless to say when I set approach ref speed at 1500' above runway this gets even worse. The view from the 2D pit helps here, but I think it's too "wide-angle" and gives the impression that the landing is played on fast forward. Someone might have some tips/information regarding this... ?

Easy solution to that Richard. Shift+Enter a few times will turn you from a 5ft 5in pilot to a 6ft one. :smile: Adjust it just enough that the nose in full down position is just visible. That will give you a good view of the runway. Glad you're enjoying your flights.

Once product I'm using at the moment may help. SimpleCam by EFB people allows you to configure up to 9 different views and change them with a press of the numpad keys. Reasonably priced alternative to Ezdok.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Easy solution to that Richard. Shift+Enter a few times will turn you from a 5ft 5in pilot to a 6ft one. :smile: Adjust it just enough that the nose in full down position is just visible. That will give you a good view of the runway. Glad you're enjoying your flights.

Once product I'm using at the moment may help. SimpleCam by EFB people allows you to configure up to 9 different views and change them with a press of the numpad keys. Reasonably priced alternative to Ezdok.

Oh, that is a good suggestion. Will try the shift+enter first and have a look at that program! Thanks!

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Just a thought on the 2d panel VAS issue - is there a way of specifying the default sizes in the panel.cfg?

Mike J