Sign in to follow this  
Albin

P3d v3.1 crashing after installed simconnect

I have a clean install of p3d v3.1 and had black screens on pmdg aircrafts. And same with the aerosoft airbus. And to fix the problem I have to install simconnect. But now p3d crash with any pmdg aircraft, all other work. I think it's xpack simconnect that cuasing the problem

Here is a video showing the problem.https://youtu.be/G89-LpiLfgY

There should no reason to install simconnect after installing P3D and the PMDG or the Aerosoft Airbus.  They do not require simconnect unless you are networking and you do not appear to be networking.  I hope you did not try to install simconnect!  I doubt it did any damage to this installation because simconnect is not needed.

When your gauges are black after startup -

• you started up in "cold and dark" configuration, OR
  • you had your anti-virus program running when you installed the aircraft and your anti-virus program quarantined your gauges as the program thought they were viruses - check your quarantine folder and make sure nothing has been quarantined.
  • you had UAC turned on and did not disable it.
  • you did not install FSX and/or PMDG/Aerosoft aircraft with Administrative Privileges
  • you did not 'trust' the gauges when you first started up the program - fixed by deleting the trusted section in the FSX config and letting the section rebuild or deleting your fsx.cfg and letting the config rebuild when you restart FSX.  You should always trust your gauges! OR
  • start up the PMDG Operations Center and make sure your product is installed properly and not requiring an update to fix a bug, or
  • your gauges are not installed in the proper gauge folder.  PMDG has some gauges in the FSX\Gauge folder and the configuration in the aircraft Panel folder.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

There should no reason to install simconnect after installing P3D and the PMDG or the Aerosoft Airbus.  They do not require simconnect unless you are networking and you do not appear to be networking.  I hope you did not try to install simconnect!  I doubt it did any damage to this installation because simconnect is not needed.

When your gauges are black after startup -

• you started up in "cold and dark" configuration, OR
  • you had your anti-virus program running when you installed the aircraft and your anti-virus program quarantined your gauges as the program thought they were viruses - check your quarantine folder and make sure nothing has been quarantined.
  • you had UAC turned on and did not disable it.
  • you did not install FSX and/or PMDG/Aerosoft aircraft with Administrative Privileges
  • you did not 'trust' the gauges when you first started up the program - fixed by deleting the trusted section in the FSX config and letting the section rebuild or deleting your fsx.cfg and letting the config rebuild when you restart FSX.  You should always trust your gauges! OR
  • start up the PMDG Operations Center and make sure your product is installed properly and not requiring an update to fix a bug, or
  • your gauges are not installed in the proper gauge folder.  PMDG has some gauges in the FSX\Gauge folder and the configuration in the aircraft Panel folder.

Best regards,

•  

Sorry Jim, that was completely and utterly wrong... The simconnect modules used to be installed together with FSX, but that ceased to be the case with P3D, and YES, they are absolutely needed when you install the PMDG planes.

Anyway, to the original poster, try installing the other version of Simconnect, that can be found inside the P3D folder (mainly SP1 and RTM), See if that fixes it.

Cheers!

I can understand now why you have 7 warning points in your file.  Several for trolling and advocating piracy.  Whenever anyone, including me, posts a response to a question there is no need for someone to respond in the manner you did.  That is rude and uncalled for.  Therefore I am suspending you again for trolling/abusive conduct.  

I did not have to install a simconnect when I installed all of my PMDG aircraft.  If it was required it was already there and already installed.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Now I done all steps correctly and gauges are black. https://ibwilq.dm2303.livefilestore.com/y3mf2uH9qP5pbyqPxuzdsDaOoJimfLiawqACg1ZagWxjIlRdYF628-iKPvy9k8jj2EWVo15feB8U00R1syF1MRwtg4csY6MVlACW6J6KKl1JCI-Wlx7uoGJiu113EOj6jDNH_M-aosoyxkbBGk5YUNvHuWyX27pIa6sQiCVbvj8vwE/2016-01-04.png?psid=1

I will try diffrent smconnect.

edit: simconnect is not installed now

Edited by Albin

Please post an AppCrashView Report or check your Event Viewer for a crash report.  See pages 1 and 2, AVSIM CTD Guide (see link in my signature). I have done some googling on your issue and this issue has been reported several times with black gauges using PMDG/Aerosoft aircraft.  The probable solutions were in my response above (post 2).  I've never heard of PMDG 737 requiring simconnect to be installed for FSX installations (at least I did not have to have simconnect installed).  However, a couple of versions of simconnect are installed automatically when you install FSX/SP2 or FSX/Acceleration.  If you still believe it is a simconnect issue, the solution may be in the following YouTube video (this is a solution for installations in FSX-SE) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuZJKOHfrKg

Here is another possible solution - http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/81841-pmdg-737-ngx-will-not-work-no-gauges/

I would recommend submitting your question in the PMDG 737 forum or submit a trouble ticket at the PMDG website.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Simconnect is installed automatically with FSX and so the need to install it to support an addon is not necessary.

However, the OP is using P3D 3.1, and P3D does not install simconnect, it has to be installed manually by the user hence why LM provide a REDIST folder containing the relevant files.

I have personally had issues with PMDG aircraft on new P3D installations where I had not yet installed simconnect.

It is not just for networking, its for transferring sim data between the sim itself and any addons that may require it such as ASN, Opus, PMDG etc, etc.

I have FSX/P3D installed and perhaps P3D does not install a legacy simconnect but they do install a simconnect when you install the product. When I installed my PMDG 737 into P3Dv3.1 (and previous versions), I was not asked about a simconnect or there were no requirements for a simconnect to be installed.  This is why I am confused with this issue.  The member I suspended above stated it is no longer a requirement for P3D but it is a requirement for FSX.  ASN installs their own simconnect and P3D installs their version and FSX/SP2 or FSX/Acceleration install their version.  I don't own FSX-SE so not sure what they install but I would assume it is the same as FSX/Acceleration.  If PMDG had a requirement for the simconnect, I would think their installer would look to see if the proper version of simconnect is installed and, if not, would install it.  There is nothing on their website which states you need such and such simconnect in order to run their product.  PMDG does have a topic on their support website they provide a "foolproof" instruction for installing their products into P3Dv3 and Simconnect is discussed in Step 3 - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a112/important-and-nearly-foolproof-steps-to-running-your-pmdg-product-in-prepar3d-v3.aspx  .  I still do not see where Simconnect is required.  Maybe he doesn't have the updated PMDG installers for his products?

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Yes, I agree that you would think products that require simconnect would perform a check during installation and then offer to install it if it was not present.

Unfortunately, this seems not to be the case and I have read many posts from developers (regarding P3D) asking the customer if they have installed simconnect from the files provided by LM. I had to do the same in order to get the 737 to work and also the Airbus if I remember correctly.

In the link you provided to PMDG they do state that simconnect is required for their products:

"Simconnect is a process that runs in the background and allows our products to talk to the simulator."

Kind regards,

Daz

This is my take on it, I hope it helps all:

simconnect is a wrapper for Windows Network Pipes. The simulator code contains the Pipe Server implementation, and the client program accesses the code via an installed .dll file. The .dll essentially describes a list of functions available to the client (addon app) from the server (FS).

The addon app is written to comply with the available functionality described in the .dll file. There can be any number of simconnect .dll files installed in a system as they do not represent any additional overhead, the code is already installed and running in the sim and in Windows.

When we install a simconnect version (or .msi), the .dll is added to the WinSxS folder, and the environment settings are made so that an addon app finds the .dll without having to know the path. If we uninstall simconnect versions, we only remove the environment variable from the system, we don't delete the .dll file.

If we install P3D on a new system, we only get one simconnect version installed:
microsoft.esp.simconnect: 1.0.20.0, Simconnect.dll: 1.0.195.0 <- P3D version

If we install Steam edition FSX-SE on a new system we get two versions installed:
microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect: 10.0.62615.0, Simconnect.dll: 10.0.62615.0 <- FSX-SE version (current)
microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect: 10.0.61259.0, Simconnect.dll: 10.0.61637.0 <- FSX XPack version

If we install FSX+A (FSX Gold) on a new system we get three versions installed:
microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect: 10.0.60905.0, Simconnect.dll: 10.0.60905.0 <- FSX RTM version
microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect: 10.0.61242.0, Simconnect.dll: 10.0.61355.0 <- FSX SP1 version
microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect: 10.0.61259.0, Simconnect.dll: 10.0.61637.0 <- FSX XPack version

If we intend to use FSX style addons they may very well require one of the three simconnect versions: 60905, 61242, 61259. For example, the PMDG requires 61259, and other addons that work with the PMDG can also utilise versions 60905 and 61242. Indeed, PMDG state this fact in their P3D documentation as a requirement of operation.

If we only installed P3D on a fresh system we should also install 60905, 61242, and 61259.

If we only installed FSX-SE on a fresh system we should also install 60905, and 61242.

If we already installed FSX, FSX Deluxe, SP1, SP2, Acceleration, or FSX Gold, we would have one two or three versions installed already. Therefore we need not install any more simconnects if we subsequently install P3D or FSX-SE on a previously fully configured FSX system. Never uninstall simconnect versions.

The P3D installation adds the folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface
This folder contains the three simconnect versions required by legacy addons.

The FSX-SE installation adds the folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces
This folder contains the three simconnect versions required by legacy addons.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

still crash/shut down. I installed the simconnects that is needed for pmdg.

Edit: I now have uninstalled simconnect: 10.0.61259.0 and than p3d not crash but it's back to black guages. 

So it's simconnect: 10.0.61259.0 that causing the problem but how can I get p3d don't crash with it installed, I need it to get pmdg work.

Edited by Albin

Many people have cured black  gauge problems in P3D by installing the simconnects, which are not installed by default in V3 and V 3.1. It's pretty much a known fix. Quote from the Aerosoft forum, and is also seen on the Q400 forum  "Please install the SimConnect libraries that are delivered along with P3D. " 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

That's always good to know.  I don't own any of the Aerosoft stuff or the Q400 so never saw the issue(s).  I own most of the Carenado and PMDG stuff and no problems whatsoever with those aircraft (except learning to fly them).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM