Sign in to follow this  
mcp5500

Flight1 B200 Module v1 (2 tasks for each function)

Below you will find my action Lua file for the Flight1's B200 aircraft. This is different then the usual files because I issigned 2 different tasks to each function. I did this so that I can get the most out of my Saitek Yoke's 3 mode switch and single throttle. I also use the Saitek switch panel through SPAD and FSUIPC4 so the functions like landing lights and master battery used on the switch panel are not included as I do not need them but they can easely be added. This version also includes the G1000 PFD Lua Menu display as posted in an earlier post.

You will need to assign button 1 to the BShiftOn function for OnPress (under Lua Options) and the BShiftOff function to OnRelease to select the first or second task in each funtion. I tried to pair functions as much as posable so 3 position switches switch movement can coinside with the aircraft switch actions or direction. This file took me months to work on (almost 4000 lines) and I tried to get every switch to faction as they would in the real aircraft and by how they should be used, There are one or two bugs like testing the indicator lights sometimes does not work but that is true as well when using the mouse button in the aircraft when pressing the test button. I also use Tracker IR so I use the POV as additional switches. I have every switch and button on the Saitek equipment except the manual de-ice levers and the fire extinguish buttons programed (oh, and I forgot to program the coffee switch :)), The switch panel functions accessible through Linda's FSX menu item. I started this project using some of the work of Shadyowl2's module and guenseli's Mustang module so a shout-out for their work.  If I get the time I will post a photo of my setup and label each switch functions. One for each Linda Shift Mode. Please use any of the functions, parts or all to meet your needs. Also keep me posted with any findings or better methods that you find or come up with. Enjoy fellow flyers

DOWNLOAD NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Edited by ScotFlieger

So this is basically allowing us to be able to bind certain tasks to a button correct?  

I don't know much about this but I'm excited to figure it out, as I think having more things bound will greatly enhance the experience with the B200.

Carl Thompson

yes I have grouped 2 button tasks to each function that you bind to a button or switch in Linda. you select task 1 by not pressing button 1 and task 2 with button 1 pressed. Now that I am done, I have to create a visual map for each task per button combination. I just tried going through the startup procedures and I made mistakes because there are now so many tasks in total. I will try to make a function to button binding list along with a general visual aid to work from as you/me progress through during my/your flights. after a while the setting will become more familiar.

I am working on the images of my settings so here is where they will be. I have UNShifted Page Rotatory switch 9 image settings for my Saitek Yoke and Throttle and I am working on the other 2 shift modes. Also added Instrument and panel night lights into a single switch with parking brake.</p>

http://1drv.ms/1JLIYQu

From the ReadMe file included. I added my Yoke and throttle setup images to the Action.lua file on the first post. the second link is dead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 LINDA Module
Aircraft: Flight1 B200
Version: 2.0
Date: 1/31/2016
Author: MCP5500

To use Shift Button 0 on your Saitek Yoke and utilize the combined 2 tasks (T2) with each button in each Shifted mode using Lind, you need to do the following: In FSUIPC4 "Button & Switches" Tab, press Yoke Button 0 (trigger finger button). FSUIPC4 should display you Joy# and Btn# (usually 0, 0). Note the Joy# and Btn# if they are different then 0, 0. Check "Select for FS control" check box. In the "Control sent when button pressed" drop-down, select "Nothing: Do Nothing" in the drop-down menu. This setting allows the Lua script (actions.lua file for the B200) to use button 0 in FSUIPC4, button 1 in Linda, as a flag that is set while button 1, in Linda, is pressed. Each function with two tasks, when it is run, selects task 2 (T2) when pressed and task 1 when not. True when pressed and false when not. That is how button 1 in Linda selects task 1 or task 2 in each function you assign your button and switches to.
Note the Joy# and Btn# of your yoke and place them in the last command in the aircraft action Lua file if yours is not 0, 0 already. The last command in function BShiftTest  () is "BShift = ipc.testbutton(0, 0)" -- (Joy#, Btn#). Do not assign Button 1 in Linda. Leave it as "empty" in all 3 Shift pages.

I created this using Saitek’s Switch panel so external and Panel lights, gear up or down, Avionics, De-Ice (Ice vanes) and Pitot are not included. You can create your own in the Lua file and should be able to add them if you have another type of switch panel or second TQ or add then from the ones provided in Linda. I have only one TQ at this time (they are on back order) so I use the Engine Start rotary on the switch panel to select engine 1 or engine 2 or both. I use the COWL switch for my Recognition Lights and Fuel Pump for Pause. I also have the Logitech G13 for key commands like Map, Kneeboard and others.

Enjoy

I found and fixed a few errors today so download again if you did earlier. fixed G1000 Select key-press so now menu items can be selected. Also fixed an issue with the generator switches that fixed an issue that the generator switch can be turned off during an engine failure and back on if the engine restarts. Also added cabin pressure Dump/Test switch to the YokeShifted1 image. I do not use the timer on the yoke. I use the one in the PFD.

Update to version 2.1

modified engine generators logic to better prevent getting the generators and alternators out of sync if you switch between using the assigned yoke/throttle switch and the VC switch.

I am now adding the functions from the Saitek switch panel for the users that do not have one. Also, I am going to attempt to put each task or action into its own function block. Then I will create functions named after each button and Linda Shift mode in so users can just copy the function name into each true of false BShift task so users can easily place any 2 tasks together. This way you can easily combine any two block functions as you like. Example below.

function Button_2_ModeShifted1 ()

BShiftTest  ()

if Bshift == false then

AP_APR_On_Off ()     -- Copy function name from the Do Not Assign group of functions 

if BShift == true then

AP_NAV_On_Off ()      

end

You would just need to copy and past the function Block/task name in the true of false Linda Button # function as seen above. I would appreciate any other ideas on how to better do this to make it easy for users not so conferrable working with Lua functions.

Scot could it be possible to incorporate a 2 function per button mode within Linda? If the user assigns a button to a New 2 function option feature, the assignment pages changes  from one row per button or switch to 2 rows for each button or switch, top row for New 2 function button press when it is false and row two for New button press is true. Just a thought.