Sign in to follow this  
shortspecialbus

HS: No Such Device, many CFG options blanked out, etc

Hi,

If I press "CFG" I see "HS: No Such Device."  The manual implies that this may be an Administrator issue, but I've never run anything flight sim related as Administrator at any point in the last 6 years, including the installer for this.  P3Dv3 lives in F:\Prepar3D_v3 and the FS2Crew NGX Reboot works great, as well as every other addon I've used, with nothing run as Administrator.

Along with this, I see a number of blank entries when repeatedly pressing CFG, in the following pattern:

HS: No Such Device

4x blanks

777 LDG LIGHTS: 10K

18x blanks

777 FO CALLS V1: YES

777 AEROLOGIC CALLS: NO

777 CALL V1 AS GO: NO

777 CALL POSITIVE RATE AS CLIMB: NO

777 FO PRESSES STD: NO

777 ATC CLIENT CONTROL: NO

and then it wraps back to the PREFLIGHT CHECKLIST.

FInally the Audio Test sounds extremely distorted and loud coming out of my main speakers, which are some cruddy speakers in a 2.0 configuration.

My audio setup is the onboard sound powers those speakers, I have a USB headset that I use for flightsim, and I have a second USB headset that I use for other things (it doesn't have a trackir attached to it and is less bulky.)

I've tried a complete uninstall and reinstall of FS2Crew 777, no joy.

Thoughts?  Any tests you'd like me to do?  It's completely unusable as is right now :(

Thanks,

-stefan

Hi Stefan,

This means your FS2CrewData.ini file is corrupted.

This is the file that saves your FS2Crew settings (ie, audio device, etc).

This can happen sometimes if FS does not shutdown cleanly.

Re-install FS2Crew 777 to restore this file.

To be sure it gets restored, you can manually delete it first prior to reinstalling FS2Crew 777.

C:\Users\******your user name*****\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew2010\Versions\PMDG777\SavedData\

Hi Stefan,

This means your FS2CrewData.ini file is corrupted.

This is the file that saves your FS2Crew settings (ie, audio device, etc).

This can happen sometimes if FS does not shutdown cleanly.

Re-install FS2Crew 777 to restore this file.

To be sure it gets restored, you can manually delete it first prior to reinstalling FS2Crew 777.

C:\Users\******your user name*****\AppData\Roaming\FS2Crew2010\Versions\PMDG777\SavedData\

Despite not working the first time I did it, that worked.  Bizarrely, the file was already deleted after running the uninstaller, and I'd already done a reinstall, so I can only assume it should have (and might have!) deleted it the first time I did this as well.  I can only assume you disabled the RFC 3514 bit on your end that it was getting when phoning home for registration ;)

Thanks much!  

-stefan