Sign in to follow this  
Sambo71

How I Got My Three Monitor View Cessna Cockpit To Work...

Hi Sam

I was expecting the unexpanded size but not the windows opening on the same monitor. It is indeed odd the way FSX handles these scenery windows. I only ever had the one extra scenery screen when running from one pc so didn't encounter that issue.

I suspect that FSX opens these windows in the same way it does when you open extra scenery windows with the bracket key (ie like a stack of cards) regardless of the flight file settings except for the starting position of Window 2 (at 1920 in your case).

You might recheck you had 3840 for Window 3 in the FLT file...can you post the modified FLT file for me to look at.

Regarding different aircraft, basically you need a to have a flight file for each one.

The easiest way for you would be load up just your main front view for each aircraft texture without side views (except the one you have already setup of course) and save each flight with for example Carenado 172  Texture1 (or whatever the texture is called), Carenado 172 Texture2 etc.

Then just copy and paste the Window 2 and 3 settings and their associated Camera settings (the one that has your zooms and rotation settings) from the FLT file you have set up with side views, to each of the other flight files.

Then just send the   FSSAVE  file for each texture to the desktop, so you can launch each flt (texture) directly from an icon.

I am interested to investigate the window positioning further, but I fear we may be up against an FSX idiosyncrasy in the way it handles loading of these  scenery windows...no harm in trying anyway! 

Cheers

Ian 

Ian Cameron

Awesome!

Thanks again for all the info, I'll give them a go in the morning!

Let ya know how it goes...

All the best,

Sam

"Speed is Life, Altitude is Insurance"

sigpic607877_4.gif

Hi Ian,

I tried copying the info from "window 1 & window 2" it was a complete success!

This just keeps getting better and better...

I think I'll pass on trying to get the side windows to open in the correct windows on start up, to me it just seems easier to drag them in their already full screen state to their two respective monitors.

Thank you so much again for all the help,

Sam

"Speed is Life, Altitude is Insurance"

sigpic607877_4.gif