Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

News on DTG Simulator is coming soon!

Are you so sure about it? DTG made Train Sim a popular thing once again.

Just like people were not into tanks and then World of Tanks came and millions are playing it.

I would say Flight Sims will catch more interest, yes, but it will depend on how it is.

Oh, i found something interesting

FSX-SE stats: http://steamspy.com/app/314160

Train Sim stats: http://steamspy.com/app/24010

You are comparing FSX:SE to a sole title of Train Simulator and not mentioning FSX or P3D???

FSX generation of sims has three releases, We have FSX, FSX:SE as well as P3D which is FSX that has been patched by LM. You need to add up how many users in the FSX generation of sims using one of those titles and compare that to Train Sim. Also for Third Party Addons the Flight Sim market is much larger compared to the Train Sim market. Your comparisons are flawed.

My original point being that seeing as the Flight Sim market is much bigger hopefully that keeps our costs down compared to the pricey Train Sim content. The reason why Train Sim content is expensive is the market is much smaller and through a sole provider whereas Flight Sim has multiple suppliers, more content, more competition and a much larger customer base, which has led to better pricing.

Matthew Kane

I just visited the DTG's website and their Facebook page, and I didn't see anything rcent about their new upcoming flight sim.

The most recent info I see is in this thread - about an upcoming announcement. On their facebook page, there's a post from 6 months ago, stating this flight sim will be on PCs. Maybe on consoles "down the road", but for now, they are focusing on a PC release.

This suggests to me that we won't see a release for another 1.5 years from now.

Am I being too pessimistic?

By that time we might see a new P3D version 4 and Xplane 11.

I think I might have been hyping myself up too much about this upcoming flight sim, but I might have to wait a while LONGER, lol.

(But... I'm still excited for the upcoming announcement!!)

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

I thought the Lady from DTG wrote a post here in this thread that it was being released this week?

I thought the Lady from DTG wrote a post here in this thread that it was being released this week?

Not released.....just releasing information regarding a new sim. All this hoopla over an announcement  :rolleyes:

Matthew Kane

Don't you just love announcements of announcements

• Upvote 6

I'm now taking it on faith that when DTG gives mentions a month or a week (or a year!) they mean the very end of that month or week or year.  :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

You are comparing FSX:SE to a sole title of Train Simulator and not mentioning FSX or P3D???

FSX generation of sims has three releases, We have FSX, FSX:SE as well as P3D which is FSX that has been patched by LM. You need to add up how many users in the FSX generation of sims using one of those titles and compare that to Train Sim. Also for Third Party Addons the Flight Sim market is much larger compared to the Train Sim market. Your comparisons are flawed.

My original point being that seeing as the Flight Sim market is much bigger hopefully that keeps our costs down compared to the pricey Train Sim content. The reason why Train Sim content is expensive is the market is much smaller and through a sole provider whereas Flight Sim has multiple suppliers, more content, more competition and a much larger customer base, which has led to better pricing.

Calm down mister, and read again my post. I didn't used those links and numbers to reinforce my statement. It was an attachment and something i found at the end of my post.

My point stands, DTG made a niche market such as train sims something way more popular, and the numbers do show it considering that, again, it's a game about trains and not as popular as flight sims in general.

I also assume that a good chunk of those who bought FSX-SE are ACTIVE FSX Users (to a certain extent), and that P3D is irrelevant because it will be bought mostly by the same users (without even considering that a comparison shoudn't be made much because of the EULA and the fact that P3D is not to be used for entertainment unlike FSX, FSX-SE and X-plane).

You can't deny that all those copies makes Train Sim a popular game, in the last two weeks also Train Sim players only barely surpass FSX-SE players. I mean, it's quite an achievement still.

You complain abotu the cost of Train Sim content. But that's nothing compared to the usual price of addons on FSX or P3D, in fact it's even lower. And on Steam there are often discounts, sometimes even more often than what you get with flight sim addons. So i really don't know which better pricing you are talking about.

I just visited the DTG's website and their Facebook page, and I didn't see anything rcent about their new upcoming flight sim.

The most recent info I see is in this thread - about an upcoming announcement. On their facebook page, there's a post from 6 months ago, stating this flight sim will be on PCs. Maybe on consoles "down the road", but for now, they are focusing on a PC release.

This suggests to me that we won't see a release for another 1.5 years from now.

Am I being too pessimistic?

By that time we might see a new P3D version 4 and Xplane 11.

I think I might have been hyping myself up too much about this upcoming flight sim, but I might have to wait a while LONGER, lol.

(But... I'm still excited for the upcoming announcement!!)

They posted the same announcement that was left here also on the Steam FSX-SE forum. They said this week, and the week is not over yet, so there is still hope :)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Calm down mister, and read again my post. 

I was always calm. Hot Day 30 degrees celsius and blue skies today and I just got my daughter out of the pool and now she is napping. Nothing more calming then that. I am probably one of the most laid back guys on this forum but I do live on an island in the South Pacific.

I would read your post again but I think maybe I would rather a beer  :drinks:

Matthew Kane

Don't you just love announcements of announcements

When asked for release date and pre-release information for a game, the CEO of TakeTwo simply said:

"We're not going to announce it, we're not going to announce when we are going to announce it, and we are not going to announce a strategy about announcing it or about when we are going to announce it either, or about the announcement strategy surrounding the announcement of the strategy."

• Upvote 3

When asked for release date and pre-release information for a game, the CEO of TakeTwo simply said:

"We're not going to announce it, we're not going to announce when we are going to announce it, and we are not going to announce a strategy about announcing it or about when we are going to announce it either, or about the announcement strategy surrounding the announcement of the strategy."

Except he just announced that "they're not going to announce when they are going to announce it, and they are not going to announce a strategy about announcing it or about when they are going to announce it either, or about the announcement strategy surrounding the announcement of the strategy."  :lol:

• Upvote 1

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

They will be simply lifting the lid. Literally.
Meaning (I guess), they will simply share more information about what we can expect.

& now we are not only speculating about the simulator, 280 posts so far, :Whistle:, we are also speculating as to when & what they are going to say! :fool:

So, what we actually do know, so far.

1. DTG said that they are developing a flight simulator based on Microsoft's Flight! or flight technology. (yup, not sure if it's the big F or little f. Big difference between the 2!.

2. DTG, or a representative therefrom, said, somewhere, that an announcement is going to be made soon.

3. Ummmmm, nothing much else, really.

19 pages of postings over 2 points. ( yes, I know, I DID get caught up in this as well!)

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

And their announcement will be half a paragraph of advertising speak and a blurry photograph. Then we will all scream and run in circles and tear the photograph apart molecule by molecule, looking for clues.  :lol:

(This molecule is darker than the others. It's definitely a Maul!)

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Then we will all scream and run in circles and tear the photograph apart molecule by molecule, looking for clues.

Traditions should be honoured and preserved.

• Upvote 2

May or may not help you all but Aimee from Dovetail has just tweeted something along the lines of 'Today is the day'

The tension builds...:)

• Upvote 3