Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Sascha of (EVO2015/16)...dang, your work was/is incredible...the water!

Sascha, was totally compelled to post these pictures of your new 2016 water textures for EVO2015/16, as they are just simply incredible. Incredible that you can pull this out of a 12 year old graphics engine...with the following, that I am SO ENJOYING...well practically addicted to since installing the package in general...lol:

I am now getting great ocean swells, inland, that you can clearly see in these example pics of the coast of Myrtle Beach, S.C.

I am getting 'directed' ocean swells, jetsam on the water (kelp, seaweed, etc) great wave depiction, color is always right for the sun and angle, whether ocean side, or inland waterways...Sascha, you have totally re-birthed FS9 for myself...and I am using it as much now, as anything else...ESPECIALLY for Big Iron.  Get to 3,500 feet or higher in any flight...and your land, farm, city, town, what-have-you, looks freakin' great! 

I can't remember having so much fun...and the performance....ah...the performance of the sim...well...we all know about what FS9 on anybody's rather current system can dish out....

So, Sascha...without further 'ado'....here's a few captures as I head out from Myrtle Beach in the late morning, and again...thank you for taking this project on...in the enormity that is was...a total world-wide re-birth of FS9...and from a sole, fellow user...just incredible, Sascha.   When your SPRING package comes...it will be a complete re-work.  Thank you again, for all the effort this must have taken...pouring over all these textures...making sure they are called up properly...for they do...

...in my one flight yesterday, from Charleston, S.C., to Toronto Pearson  (I land there a lot, because of one of my few 3rd Party airports I have bought) I saw very little repeating summer textures, until winter kicked in...and the transition was totally believable...graphically speaking, what a great flight...right to Toronto!  But anyway...to end my type-fest...here are those water pics...again, thank you. What a great package to have on-board the flight...all the flights...

Cheers!

Ses

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ocean1.png

ocean2.png

ocean3.png

ocean4.png

ocean10.png

ocean11.png

ocean12.png

ocean13.png

ocean1.png

ocean2.png

ocean6.png

Thank you! I am trying to upload some more updates, but doesn't seem to work???

I am getting 'directed' ocean swells, jetsam on the water (kelp, seaweed, etc)

What? No flotsam? And I thought this was "as real as it gets".

Please show a nice screenshot of your "jetsam" as I am curious as how this is strategically placed in certain areas.  I await your pitcha!

What? No flotsam? And I thought this was "as real as it gets".

Please show a nice screenshot of your "jetsam" as I am curious as how this is strategically placed in certain areas.  I await your pitcha!

Ah...you had a problem with my not using the ENTIRE terminnology, but just the latter...well, here is the full terminology version.

In my circles, living along an ocean,we did refer to water surface debris as 'Flotsam-Jetsam'.  

Flotsam (referring to debris floating upon the tension surface of the water)

Jetsam (referring to kelp and other seaweed jettisoned from the seabed) that is prevalent on California shores, along with Red Tide.

Hence, depending on what you were wishing to communicate, either Flotsam, or Jetsam will do.  But I will use for you, 'flotsam-jetsam'. 

BTW, I do indeed have many pictures since having loaded in EVO2015/16, that shows flotsam-jetsam upon the water and waves. You'll just have to cruise my EVO pictures, and they will be there....

So  you don't get the ever popular FS9 pulsating waves here?

With Sascha's new 2016 water textures, as well as wave setting of: Melodic Patterns from REX 2004 Extreme (Overdrive) under the Wave Animation Settings, and with water set to full animation, no. not that total hazy paling sheen that sweeps the water of old.  I get a great wave peek highlight, which makes waves 'move' just as good for me, as FSX.  That's why most of my shots have been by hanging out or around the coast...I find it so great.  

Post Edit:  If you also use REX 2004 Extreme, you MUST turn off both Environment and Water Reflections in REX's OPTIONS setup mask. Untick the boxes. for THAT is partly what amplifies that crappy sweeping hazy wave of 'reflection'.

Do not use both settings, ever. as my suggestion, and that's the way that I have my FS9 set up to animate and display water bodies.

Water was the main killer for me, with FS9...as you were typing about..that water-reflection sweep, every two seconds.  That is gone now...and you can call me an FS9 Coast Hugger, lol.   So, try my settings and see for yourself.  There is a pulse, that brings from soft to full focus the wave textures, but that is what gives you the movement now of water waves, especially with the long shore wave swells that Sascha has textured into his custom water textures. Plenty of my pictures have captured that, for that was the intent of showing the new water, along with the sparkles and floating patches of flotsam-jetsam that is also new.  All in all...a very nice effort.  Like I said, the total package is referred to myself, and for myself, as an FS9 total  'rebirth'.  A new sim....

Cheers,

Mitch

Thank you! I am trying to upload some more updates, but doesn't seem to work???

I'll go to the download site and see if there is any more cookies in the jar....:))))  Thanks Sascha!

Post Edit:  Sascha, I just saw under UPDATES, a new folder of AIRPORT TERRAIN for the world folder. I just downloaded it, and will install ASAP.  Was that the one you were trying to upload on 1/28/2016? If so...it was successful.

Post Edit 2: Ok..just put all the files into Scenery/World/Texture folder.  Will now take a flight and see what's up at the airports. :)  "Like a kid on Christams morning...".  Having a blast....thanks, Sascha!

Mitch

Don't care to peruse all of your beauty shots.  Just want to see unaltered shots of debris floating on top of water from EVO.  You've included lots of screenies ..... why not now?  Show me the stuff ..... if it exists

P.S. to SASCHA:

What say YOU on this matter?  Did you include floating rubbish in your water textures?  If so, how did you just place it as to not have all waters filled with it?  Would love to give you credit where credit is due.  Just looking for non-sensationalist and honest observations..

Thanks in advance.

Don't care to peruse all of your beauty shots.  Just want to see unaltered shots of debris floating on top of water from EVO.  You've included lots of screenies ..... why not now?  Show me the stuff ..... if it exists

P.S. to SASCHA:

What say YOU on this matter?  Did you include floating rubbish in your water textures?  If so, how did you just place it as to not have all waters filled with it?  Would love to give you credit where credit is due.  Just looking for non-sensationalist and honest observations..

Thanks in advance.

You continually take an adversarial stance to most anybody's postings.  Frankly Gwillmot, I'm done with you. They are right before your eyes...floating segments upon the water, highlighted upon the surface.  

I'm sorry that you feel that way.  I am only looking for "Facts" and have not intended to be adversarial toward EVO.  You must admit there is much "sensationalist" wording regarding Evo.  As I don't currently have it installed on my system, I only requested to "see" it as claimed ..... and to simply ask Sascha if he did, indeed have such in hisr textures.  I will take your word for it since I haven't seen any pictorial evidence.

Sascha:

If true, you are to be congratulated on this accomplishment toward moving the visual experience of FS2004 forward.  I told you I would be happy to give credit where credit was due.  I have nothing against you nor your work as I have often claimed what is "best" is subjective.

Sesquashtoo - "You continually take an adversarial stance to most anybody's postings."

And we ALL agree with that, Sesquashtoo. Mods, do YOU?

Flotsam-Jetsam???

This is the FS2004's and not the oceanographics subforum.

However, I currently fly from Brazil to Africa over the Antlantic with my DC-6. You can imagine that I'm not the fastest plane over the pond. I fly for some hours now and have still some hours to go. But I don't get tired of looking at the sea below...

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Flotsam-Jetsam???

This is the FS2004's and not the oceanographics subforum.

However, I currently fly from Brazil to Africa over the Antlantic with my DC-6. You can imagine that I'm not the fastest plane over the pond. I fly for some hours now and have still some hours to go. But I don't get tired of looking at the sea below...

Harald

Ahoy, Matey!  Is ya see'n any of that sea scum mentioned above?  It's fix'n a blow from the heavens if it can't be spotted!  May the winds always fill your sails.  And remember, The cure for anything is saltwater – sweat, tears, or the sea! ..... I recommend stay'n away from the sea while in your "six" ..... or you'll be a sleep'n in Davey Jones' Locker in the DEEP six!

Ahoi! Me, as an old landlubber, can't say is it jetsam or flotsam ore somesam. But indeed there is something in the water, and that thing looks very good:

160131%20DC6%20SBFN3_zpsabtlyeez.jpg

Edit: It may well be that these structures are only found at coastal textures. If you find a coast then where you don't like to see them, it should be possible to change that via a customized waterclass.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

It shore do look good at that!  We's calls it land-ho ........ an island!

Ahoi! Me, as an old landlubber, can't say is it jetsam or flotsam ore somesam. But indeed there is something in the water, and that thing looks very good:

160131%20DC6%20SBFN3_zpsabtlyeez.jpg

Edit: It may well be that these structures are only found at coastal textures. If you find a coast then where you don't like to see them, it should be possible to change that via a customized waterclass.

Yeppers...you got 'em...and it looks good...there is no ocean water body that doesn't have kelp, plankton, etc....in patches upon the water.  Sascha did a good reality check with this one!