Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Sascha of (EVO2015/16)...dang, your work was/is incredible...the water!

I'll dip my oar in - to stay with the nautical theme - at this point and explain.

The structures shown in Harald's shot are actually not drawn on the texturebut achieved through making ues of landclass and having some colour variation within a texture set. Took some fiddling to get a pleasing result.

I suppose not everyone will see them depending on landclass. I use UT, I don't know if that actually changes water landclass.though.

I also use some freeware landclass.

I also imagined them to be breeze on the surface of water depending on where they appear.

By the way, I managed to upload some more updates (desert mountains for eg hot US areas and reefs) at last.

Also changed some airport terrain textures for summer (grass surrounds).

I will also post some screenshots. I have been experimenting with the graphics after getting latest drivers for my car dand everything works quite differently.

I have noticed for instance that using internal anti-alisasing which before never worked works well now but blocks sweetfx ... There's always some dark magic involved ...In any setup!

Cheers,

Sascha

I'll dip my oar in - to stay with the nautical theme - at this point and explain.

The structures shown in Harald's shot are actually not drawn on the texturebut achieved through making ues of landclass and having some colour variation within a texture set. Took some fiddling to get a pleasing result.

I suppose not everyone will see them depending on landclass. I use UT, I don't know if that actually changes water landclass.though.

I also use some freeware landclass.

I also imagined them to be breeze on the surface of water depending on where they appear.

By the way, I managed to upload some more updates (desert mountains for eg hot US areas and reefs) at last.

Also changed some airport terrain textures for summer (grass surrounds).

I will also post some screenshots. I have been experimenting with the graphics after getting latest drivers for my car dand everything works quite differently.

I have noticed for instance that using internal anti-alisasing which before never worked works well now but blocks sweetfx ... There's always some dark magic involved ...In any setup!

Cheers,

Sascha

Hi Sascha, just for a test, I put in water textures from REX.  The floating 'x's...were gone.  I placed your latest set of water textures back in.  I now have what I then shall call, flotsam-jetsam clusters here and there upon the water...and it is not always there.  So whatever the reader wants to call the 'appearance' upon the water surface...it does come about through the use of your textures.  For myself, it mostly appears in the oceans, on my system.

Cheers,

Ses

Will this water texture be available for us in the nearest future (for us that have supported Evo)? :nea:

Will this water texture be available for us in the nearest future (for us that have supported Evo)? :nea:

It's been available for two weeks.  Go back to your download link..and check under/in the UPDATE folder.

Hi all,

How & where can i get this amazing add-on. I've looked all over. Maybe I missed it somewhere?

From South Africa, many thanks,

Robin

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hi all,

How & where can i get this amazing add-on. I've looked all over. Maybe I missed it somewhere?

From South Africa, many thanks,

Robin

Two ways...look for the EVO FORUM in the 'Freeware' section of forums, and read the posts at the top...or...post in this forum, (the dev, Sascha reads both) with a header like;  'Sascha of EVO, please PM me with instructions to download EVO2015/16 world texture replacement'   and then I'm sure you will get a (P)rivate (M)essage from him, with the info you need.

Many thanks, Have done so.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

It's been available for two weeks.  Go back to your download link..and check under/in the UPDATE folder.

Big thanks, found it. Great textures  :dance:

FPS interference with performance  there is?

I haven't found that, with my system.  Even with all the embedded autogen night lights, 29 FPS/locked 30 for me. I had one pic that I shot that it went to 27, but that was for one second to load in new scenery, and is extremely rare.  Great performance all-round.  You'll like it.

Mitch

Using ground shadows whith  the embedded 3D lights installed seems to cause fps loss at daytime on some systems. Without 3D lights everything should be fine!

Sascha

As a really satisfied user I can confirm: A certain FPS loss with 3D lights AND scenery ground shadows activated in big dense city areas. No FPS loss in all other cases.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg