Sign in to follow this  
tdohrer

Upgrade Advice

I am looking to upgrade my system and need some input on video cards and cpu.
Now i have the intel 4790k and nvidia gtx 960 2gb

I am looking at a couple of things:
ASUS GeForce GTX 980 Ti MATRIX-GTX980TI-P-6GD5-GAMING 6GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card

EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X 12G-P4-2990-KR 12GB GAMING, Play 4k with Ease Graphics Card
I dont have a 4k monitor and not planning to get one any time soon will there be that much of a difference between the two if not in 4k?

ASUS Z170-PRO LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 91W BX80662I76700K Desktop Processor Intel® HD Graphics 530

Looking at the this processor and mother board combo.
Any suggestions or input would be great
Thanks

Tyson Dohrer

LOL asking for opinions, keep in mind they are like belly buttons... everyone has one.

I just installed a GTX 980Ti last month and it has capabilities far beyond what you need with P3D. However, you didn't mention your platform. If you are in FSX or FSXSE you'd be wasting your money IMHO.

The review I read pretty much all said the 980Ti is almost as good as the Titan for a lot less money.  If you do other gaming then that's a consideration, but be sure you measure the space you have inside your box to make sure your choice fits.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am using p3d and xplane 10 64 bit, which i am still learning about.  Will that gpu help with xplane as well? Yeah but its good to get feed back and talk a loud about ideas. Great things can from it.

Tyson Dohrer